Falling

Orange's PoV:

This was it... Blue shoved me, hard, and I toppled over the edge of the balcony. The last thing I saw was Peach, her fear-filled eyes as she screamed that I was innocent...

And then I just fell. Falling and falling, through a cloud, falling some more...

Falling forever...

At first I panicked, but then felt a strange calm fill me. No, I wasn't dead, not just yet.

I had always wanted to try skydiving, soooo... this is what it feels like, huh? Aside from the sense of impending doom, though.

Yeah, Peach would have also enjoyed skydiving, she loved exciting things. She was the horror movie type, obsessed with blood and gore.

Forcing my eyes open, I took in the crystal blue sky, the feel of the wind on my face, trying to savour the few moments of life I had left.

However that was slightly impossible as the thoughts of my daughter inevitably pushed themselves to the front of my mind. And I promised myself that I would take care of Rose too, for Angelo... I never even had the chance to do that.

I didn't even notice the ground slipping into my view, getting closer and closer until I crashed straight into it, sprawled across the ground, unable to breathe, my head turned at an unnatural angle.
Pain spread across my whole body, especially my neck and head, and my ears filled with a loud, high pitched ringing.

And then I sat up, panting, staring down at the mess that just so happened to be me.

The figure at my feet no longer looked quite human; twisted and smushed into the ground, my skull was literally smashed, small bits of brain splattered, but nothing compared to the amount of blood.

If it was even possible, my breathing increased further. I heard a scream from nearby, and turned to see an elderly couple walking next to the... remains.

One of them quickly pulled out their cell phone, presumably dialling for an ambulance. Thank you for trying... but I think it's too late.

Unable to deal with this, I sit down next to my dead body as the tears begin to stream down my face. I see another person, a lady sat alone on a bench across the road. She seemed shocked at the sight, however made no move to get up or to help.

I stared over at her curiously. However, something unexpected happened.

She stared sympathetically straight into my eyes

SHE CAN SEE ME?!

Wait... does that mean... she must also be...

Slowly, I stand up, not taking my eyes off this unusual stranger, she does the same.

The lady then walks across the road towards me, and just that moment, a large van sped across and she went straight through it, confirming my suspicious. "I... you're dead" I murmur.

"That looked painful" she declares, giving me an odd look. It was almost as if I could see her thinking, trying to make sense of what had happened. Her gaze lowered from my face, taking in my uniform.
"You're one of them..." she almost whispers.

"Astronaut, employee from NASA? One of the 12 sent to Mira HQ..." I say unsurely. After a moment of silence I ask "that's a good thing?"

"Why are you down here then?" She asks, tilting her head.

"Because Mira is up there" I say, pointing directly up to where I'd fallen. "They pushed me off the balcony... my own crew..."

Obviously, the girl is pretty shocked. "WHAT?! Why?"