itadori (f) | nightmare

Little bit of angsty fluff not much

Every corner you turned it was just more bodies piled on top of each other. People you couldn't save, loved ones and someone wouldn't stop screaming. Your throat felt raw and your face wet as you ran down a dim hall.

  Turning another corner you see Itadori laying on the ground, you rush to him and see his eyes closed, crimson blood dripping from the corners of his mouth. You shake him and try to scream his name, but nothing comes out. He won't open his eyes and he's not moving.

  No no no he can't be- he's strong, he... you never even got to tell him how you feel. You cry but no sound comes out, only the tears flooding down your cheeks as you push his hair from his face. Suddenly his eyes burst open, but they're not his eyes-

  You wake with a jolt. Struggling to catch your breath, you sit up in bed, not aware of your shaking body. You've been having the same dream for a few days now and it was becoming suspicious, like a sign something bad was going to happen. Of course that wasn't the case, you've just been stressed lately, but that didn't stop you from rushing to Itadori's room to make sure he was ok.

  Throwing back your covers, you run to your dorm room door. Itadori's room was just next door, you step into the hall ignoring the fact it was freezing, nearly 2am and you were wearing a black tank top and shorts. You knock on his door urgently not able to shake the bad feeling from your bones.

  A few seconds later you hear heavy, dragging footsteps and the door opens to a half asleep Itadori. He rubs one eye open "Oh uh hey y/-" relieved he's alright you quickly embrace him in a tight hug. You pull back wiping your cheeks, you didn't even realize you had been crying.

  "Woah, hey, hey what's wrong? Why are you crying, what happened?" He questions, suddenly more awake and he pulls you back into a hug. "No no," you let out a breathy laugh sniffling "it's nothing I just had a bad dream and... and I- I just wanted to see you."

  You feel him stiffen a little before clearing his throat and pulling back, still holding into your shoulders. Even in the dark hall, the only source of light the moon shining through the window, you could see his face take a rosy shade.

  Your eyes meet locking on his deep brown ones. He raises his hand to cup your cheek brushing away a tear. "Thanks..." you laugh, averting your gaze, your cheeks matching the flush on his.

  "Um... I know this is probably a weird question, but I'm kinda scared to go back to my room and I really don't want to sleep alone tonight, so I was wondering if-"

  His eyebrows raise and he smiles, running his hand gently down your arm taking your hand in his. "Yes of course you can, but that means I get to cuddle you." He shrugs "I don't make the rules I just really like cuddles." He states plainly. The thought of waking up in his arms sends butterflies to your stomach.

  He leads you into his room closing the door after you. "You can have the wall side, that way I can protect you from any monsters." He says with a serious face, punching the air around him. That makes you giggle, happy your mind was already moving away from your nightmare. You crawl onto his bed and him after you.

  You both get comfortable, adjusting the blanket around you two. Itadori wastes no time wrapping you in his strong arms and pulling you closer. "Thank you, Itadori." You whispered into his chest. "It's no problem." He smiled nuzzling his face into the top of your head.