megumi (f) | wounds

A/N: I could've made this super angsty but decided to make it fluff cause idk if you guys like angst, should I make an angsty one too?

  'I swear, this boy has no regard for personal safety' you think to yourself as you and Megumi walk back to your dorms. Having just come back from a short mission he was covered in cuts and bruises, a bit of a larger gash on his side, while you had barely a few scratches.

You weren't surprised though, in the long time you've known Megumi, he's always been ready to sacrifice himself for others rather than everyone surviving. That usually ended up with him always being injured.

  You open your room door watching as he fumbles with his door handle, one hand clutching his side. "Move." you sigh walking over to open his door and following him in.

You gesture to the table as you reach for the first aid kit in one of the cupboards. You set it down beside him and go to fill a bowl with water and grab a cloth while he watches you.

You soak a bit of the cloth in the warm water, standing between his legs. You push back Megumi's hair from his forehead and dab at a cut. He studies your concentrated features, his brow slightly furrowed.

You notice his gaze on you and fumble for something to say "Enjoying the view?" You tease.

To your surprise, a slight smile tugs at the corners of his mouth and he doesn't look away, eyes flicking to your lips as you smile.

You place a bandage on his forehead, letting his hair fall back into place. His smile when you teased him about staring gave way to a warm feeling in your cheeks.

You don't look at him as you clean the slightly bloodied cloth "Take off your shirt." you say. He doesn't look away, searching for your eyes as he unbuttons his uniform taking in your rosy cheeks.

He shrugged off the last of his sleeves, placing it on the chair next to him. You stand between his legs examining his wound, blood dripping down his side.

It wasn't too deep of a cut but it spread from the inside of his hip about a fingers length up towards the center of his stomach. You start to wipe the tender skin around the wound.

A stray lock of hair fell to your face as you worked in concentration, not wanting to press to hard and cause anymore pain. He lifts one hand from his leaned back position to tuck the hair behind your ear. You look up at him and his light smile from before quickly fades as he locks his gaze on yours, a pinkish hue flooding his face.

He averts your gaze and you could tell he was searching for something to say "Thank you..." he says quietly.

You stare at him for a moment, pausing, before turning your attention back to the gash "It's no problem," you say "but you really need to start taking better care of yourself. Notice how I came back with barely any scrapes?"

He places a long finger under your chin, tilting your face to meet his deep blue gaze. He holds your face with his thumb and index finger, gently turning it to examine your features while you look at him with slight shock.

He frowns, eyebrows lightly furrowed "You have a small scratch right here." he says brushing his thumb under a scratch below your cheekbone.

He reaches into the first aid kit next to him, pulling out a small bandage like the one on his forehead. You watch as he tears it open gently placing it on the scrape, his face so close "Now we match." he grins a little meeting your eyes. He looks to your lips and you catch your breath, quickly clearing your throat and turning to the bowl of water.

You shake your head with a smile and get back to cleaning his gash "Just how much blood did you lose on the way here?" you joke.

You grab a gauze and bigger bandage placing it on top of the wound. You gently dab the cloth at a few other minor scratches on his chest like the one on your cheek. As you finish up you notice his calm features stir.

You close up the first aid as he hops off the table, wincing slightly at his hurried actions.

  Pushing the kit back into the cupboard above the sink, you feel warm hands on your waist turn you around. Megumi quickly pulls you into a hug, his arms wrapped around your waist. Your head resting against his bare chest, you hear his heart beating quicker. You realize your arms lay limp at your sides and slowly reach to wrap them around him. His warm skin seems to tingle against you.

His arms loosen slightly and he pulls away, his features flushed completely. He awkwardly reaches a hand and placed it on your head "I..." his face twists in confusion to find the right words "appreciate... you..."

You smile, giggling and place a soft kiss on his red cheek "I appreciate you too."