Hell Trip

POV: Lauren

"How is she?" I asked my mate as soon as she tiredly walked into our room. I was sitting in the rocking chair with Bella who was wide awake all night, and she still is wide awake at eight a.m. with no signs of tiring. Between the fussing and the crying, I was running on low.

"She's in bed and Dinah is with Dustin. They finally told me his name after keeping it from me for an extra hour of them making it official." Daisy took Bella from me and almost instantly, Bella was quiet and closing her eyes.

"How the fuck does that make sense? I've been with her all night and you hold her for two seconds and she's silent." My jaw dropped as I stood up to look down at Bella who was in and out of sleep.

"You are exhausted, love. Your poor mood from that will radiate onto her." Daisy walked over to our bed and sat up against the headboard with Bella still in her arms. "Come lay down. I can hold two babies at once." She shot me a playful wink.

I didn't hesitate to curl up in the bed and rest my head on her lap, and soon after she rested Bella in the crook of my neck with her head resting on mine.

"Close your eyes you two." Daisy giggled and gently scratched my scalp which puts me to sleep immediately.

"I missed you, little one." I mumbled against her leg.

"I'm sorry, baby. I made Mila a promise. Thank you for taking care of Bella while I was with her." Daisy continued to scratch my scalp. She knew what she was doing. She knew I needed the sleep.

"It was both Bella and Bailey. She switched again around two a.m. and insisted that it was play time even though he can't stand up." I felt my eyelids growing heavy.

"I'll take care of you two now. Just go to sleep and I'll be here. I love you." My mate's words made me smile as I let myself fall asleep with the feeling of Bella's light breaths hitting my cheek and her small hands clutching onto a fistful of my hair.

"Shhh, go back to sleep. I'll take her." My mate hushed me as she took Bella from the crook of my neck where she was squirming and whining for only a few seconds, and she slid out from under me.

"I slept enough. It's okay. You had her for eight months." I tried to get up, but Daisy put a firm hand on my shoulder.

"Lolo, you are exhausted. I've got her. If I need your help I will link you. Go back to sleep." Daisy gave me a stern look.

"Are you sure? I don't want my mate to get too tired." I frowned and looked up at her.

"I'll be okay. I promise. You go back to sleep. She is just hungry and more than likely needs a diaper change." Daisy rubbed my shoulder with the pad of her thumb until a quiet crack came from Bella before another. "Or Bailey wants to shine."

"Great." I sarcastically mumbled.

"I'll shift and let Dani nurse her. They need bonding time anyways." Daisy walked to the other side of the room before setting a shifting Bella on the rug and took her diaper off faster than I ever could. She quickly wiped her down with some nearby baby wipes, and threw the diaper and baby wipes into the trashcan beside the dresser.

Daisy walked into the closet and a few seconds later Dani walked out and went straight to Bella who was mid shift.

I watched as Bailey took over and did the cutest little stretch before happily yipping at Dani who curled around her.

'I've got her, love. Go back to sleep.' Daisy linked me and I took one more look to make sure they were okay before properly getting under the blankets and resting my head on a pillow. Daisy's thighs and boobs are better pillows, but it'll have to work.