The Producer

POV: Daisy

I watched Lauren sing in the booth with a wide smile. I knew she could sing. I'd heard her music, but she rarely sang in front of me. Something about her getting self conscious or some kind of bullshit like that.

"Daisy, you're drooling." Camila playfully nudged me.

"Am not!" I shot back, not tearing my eyes away from Lauren who sang with her eyes closed. Her hands moved around weirdly. Kinda the way they do when she's passionate about whatever she's talking about, but a little different. This singing thing was new to me.

"You should go sing, Daiz." Dinah nodded to the booth as Lauren finished up her part of the song.

"I draw and paint. She sings and does other shit I probably don't even know about." I dismissed her idea immediately. I had never sang a note before in my life and I definitely wasn't about to do it in front of my pack, or in front of anyone in general.

"Come on! Just for fun!" Camila jumped on the fucking bandwagoning bitching.

"Camila, I said no." I turned to her with my certain tone that gets anyone to submit.

"Ai, mamí, why are you using your luna voice on Camz?" Lauren asked me as she walked back out with a cocked eyebrow.

"They are trying to pressure me into doing something I don't want to do." I kept my same tone with Lauren who slightly faltered at it.

"Into what?" Lauren pressed, not really believing that it was that serious.

"Into singing. I said no and that's final."

"Girls, don't pressure Daisy into things. It doesn't work well with her past." Lauren gave Dinah and Camila a look.

"Just wanted to know." Camila mumbled and scooted away from me on the couch.

"How old are you? Five? Come back here you dumbass." I grabbed her forearm and pulled her back over to me.

"Ow! That fucking hurt!" Camila cradled her arm.

"I resurrected that arm. You're fine." I rolled my eyes.

"You may have to do it again if you keep it up! Tell her, Dinah!" Camila looked to her mate for backup.

"She's your sister." Dinah focused in on her phone, not wanting any part of it.

"Y'all fight like cats and dogs. Quit it." Ally snapped at the two of us and we went silent. "Thank you."

"Momma Allz got you." Normani snickered to herself.

"Don't instigate." Ally looked at Normani who sucked her lips in and slowly nodded her head.

"Who's next?" The producer, whom I still don't particularly care for, asked after a minute of comfortable silence.

"Daisy." Camila mumbled loud enough for him to hear and got ready to bolt away from me.

"I literally have never sang a note in my life and it isn't happening today in front of y'all or anyone in general. Normani still has to go and so does Dinah. Y'all pick." I left no room for argument. At least I thought I made it clear enough even for a human.

"I'd love to hear you sing, Luna Daisy! Just one line of any song! It'll be fun!" The producer smiled brightly and Lauren winced beside him due to his lack of better knowledge.

"I get that you are a man, but the word 'no' means I a refuse to do whatever you are asking. If you'd like a more one on one lesson on what the repercussions of not understanding 'no' from me are, I'd be more than happy to spend a few minutes teaching you." I gave him a tight smile as his vanished in an instant. I knew at least his voice from somewhere, but I couldn't put my finger on it.