Not Mad

POV: Camila

Lauren keeps trying to get down here, but her dad stands up to her. She wouldn't win against Normani, him, and I so she knows to stay put. We were all taught how to fight by her dad, so we can read each other's moves.

"Micheal, let her see her for a second and see how she reacts." Lauren's mom tried to get her mate to budge.

"I don't want her to get hurt and it be because I moved." He looked at her for a brief second and then back at Lauren who has been sitting about eight feet away staring him down for the last three hours.

"Lauren is calmer now. You'll be right there in case Lauren loses control again." She kept trying to get him to budge.

"Lauren, if you make one wrong move I am beating your ass." Lauren's dad got up and walked down the steps with Lauren hot on his heels. I followed her. If she were to make a wrong move I could grab her ankles which is not only extremely uncomfortable for wolves because there is a pressure point there for us, but it can be painful if done right.

Dani whined in fear as soon as she saw Lauren and took off to the air vent and stayed in there.

"Just let her see you for a second Dani and see how it goes. The Wolf Moon was last night. She should be better now, and completely better tomorrow." I tried to get her to come out of the air vent which is where she goes whenever she feels threatened. She doesn't know how to fight. She can bite hard as hell, but that's it.

'No, she's going to try to mate.' Dani shot the idea down immediately. 'Try again tomorrow. Not today.'

"Just give it a try Dani. Normani, her dad, and I are all here. Just try it." I sighed when I didn't hear her move any. "We'll come back tomorrow Lauren and try then. You scared her really bad."

I heard the metal shift and then Dani peaked her head out to look at all of us.

When Lauren saw her she started to pace and whine, but she didn't make a move to get to her. Although her black and neon green coat is intimidating on her built wolf, I'd still stand between her and Dani.

'Why is she pacing Camila? I don't like this.' Dani didn't come out of the vent. She just kept looking out into the room.

"Lauren, why are you pacing?" I turned to Lauren who couldn't sit still.

'I haven't touched my mate in four days, and I feel horrible.' Lauren whimpered when Dani retreated back into the vent.

"She's only pacing because she hasn't been able to touch you in four days and she feels horrible for the way she treated you and acted." I sighed when I didn't hear the vent shift any. "Just give her time, Lauren. She's still shaken up."

Lauren hung her head low, but still went back up the steps in a whining mess.

Then I heard the air vent move and I turned to see Dani standing tall just outside of the vent.

"Lauren wait." I stopped Lauren before she went too far. "Dani, can she see you?"

Dani slowly nodded her head.

"Come back Lauren." I waved Lauren to come back behind me.

When Lauren saw her she kept whining and crying.

"Can she touch you? I will be right here." I looked to Dani.

'If she can control herself then yes. If not then no.' Dani was terrified. You could hear it in her voice.

"Slowly walk over to her Lauren, and I swear on everything when I say this: if you make one wrong move I'm going to kill you." I bared my teeth at my alpha and she nodded her head before taking slow, antsy steps to Dani.