In Good Hands

POV: Lauren

The Shannon woman kept moving her hands around in circles as she was running at us.

'The woman who is obsessed with circles throws fire. Save her for last. The more distance you have from her the more time you have to move. Now, kill everyone else.' I lead the two of us at full sprint, the green in my coat taking over all of the black strands as Daisy did the same with her white coat.

Please let this work.

I jumped up with hopes the one I was going for didn't have a counter for it, and luckily he didn't.

My jaws wrapped around his neck snuggly and I shook my head on the way down. As soon as I touched the ground again I bolted away from him. Never get caught up with just one. That's how you get side swiped.

'You good?' I checked on my mate as I ran at another.

'Yes.' Dani answered instead. I figured she was going to take over.

"Kill them you idiots! Don't let them kill you!" The leader yelled at his cult members and that seemed to piss them off even more.

'Duck!' Daisy yelled at me.

Without questioning it I ducked, and a blue ball of fire flew right over me.

'Thanks.' I thanked Daisy before getting back to work.

'Luna! No!' I turned to see Daisy surrounded by three wizards, Camila running towards her, and a ball of fire coming towards me.

I leaped to get out of the way before running to Daisy who tried to jump up at one, but they countered it with a flip of their wrist.

Next thing I know my whole pack is running to Daisy and it was like I was in slow motion. I couldn't get there fast enough as the leader ran at my mate. My life. My soul.

'Luna!' Camila tackled Daisy out of the way of another fireball, but in turn the leader shot her with one on her front leg.

No.

'Daisy, don't go in a frenzy!' I jumped up and latched onto one of their necks and shook my head quickly as my pack tried to surround the leader without getting injured. Normani and Ally handled the fire lady while Daisy, after almost getting killed, ran straight through my pack and towards the leader.

'No Daisy!' I was jumping over my pack members trying to get to her. I did everything I could. I know I did.

The leader snapped his fingers, and my whole pack was immobilized again, leaving Daisy and me to take on the leader on our own.

"Come here little doggie!" He leaned down and patted his knees while Daisy ran at him, but she stopped just a few feet away from him, catching him off guard, and I jumped over her and went for his neck.

He moved out of the way, but Daisy was on one side and I was on the other.

"Okay then. That works." He chuckled before igniting a little ring of fire to protect himself.

'You hurt my sister!' Daisy yelled and ran full speed at the leader, ran through ring as if the flames weren't taller than her, and tackled him to the ground. As soon as he hit the ground the fire went out.

I ran at him and missed his neck, but managed to get his shoulder and toss him a few feet away to give Daisy a breather.

'I got his neck. You distract him. You're good at pissing people off.' I tried to get ready to flank him as Daisy thought of something.

'Hey dickwad, look behind you.' The guy shot around to look at Daisy as if she would be the one to attack, giving me the perfect window to latch onto his neck.