Dodge

POV: Daisy

"No baby, we still can't tell. A pregnancy test may work in another week, but a normal test isn't supposed to be truly accurate until it's been a week or so after I miss my first period." I watched my mate pout and sulk over my answer.

"But I wanna know." Lauren mumbled. "How long until your period?"

"Two more weeks, love. Even then it'll take eight more months if I am pregnant." I opened my arms for my mate.

Lauren walked over to me with her head low and a pout on her lips. "The alpha in me wants to know. I wanna know if my luna is pregnant."

I didn't respond. I just let her lay on me on the couch and tuck her face in my neck.

"The alpha likes head scratches though." I teased her as I gently scratched her scalp.

"Just because I'm the masc doesn't mean I don't like to be loved." She lifted her face from my neck.

"It's okay. My sweet little alpha can be babied." I tucked her hair behind her ear before she collapsed back on top of me.

"I'm not sweet or little. I'm a feared and mean alpha." Lauren grumbled, trying to sound tough, but it failed miserably.

I hummed, not disagreeing nor agreeing.

"No one messes with us for a reason." She didn't drop it. Probably because I didn't respond.

"Well, the alpha and luna are descendants and we don't harm other packs for no reason like many other packs. There is no reason to mess with us, nor do others want to die." I continued to scratch the back of her head.

"Mean and scary." She mumbled half asleep.

"Mhm, the big, mean, and scary alpha is being held by her luna while getting head scratches. Go to sleep, love." I teased her gently and kissed her head. This is the thing: it goes both ways. The affection goes both ways. I'm the big spoon sometimes, even though she'd never tell anyone that. She'd kill me if she found out that I told Camila that.

"Not tired." She persisted.

"Sure you aren't." I giggled and rubbed her back with the other hand.

"Alpha, Luna, we got a problem." Normani ran into the living room.

"We out of peanut butter again?" I raised my eyebrows as Lauren stirred some.

"No, there is a big dude on the boarder with some kind of gun. It's killing wolves with ease. It's got some kind of silver shrapnel in it. Links are shut off. They are just circling him, because if they get close they get killed. We need you two." Normani rushed out.

Lauren scrambled off of my lap halfway through Normani's explanation. I got up right after her.

"We surround him and close in at the same time. He won't be able to handle the both of us at the same time." Lauren gave a quick plan of attack and we shifted as soon as we got outside.

Lauren and I looked at each other as we passed dead wolves in the forrest.

Then the booms and bangs started to ring out.

We picked up our pace and weaved in and out of the trees with ease.

"Where is your alpha and luna?" A male voice yelled out and more loud noises followed.

I wasn't going my full speed so Lauren could keep up, but once the sounds became more frequent I left her in the dust despite her anxious whines and barks.

"There's the beloved luna!" A man came into view and held some type of big and bulky shotgun kinda weapon. "A shot between the eyes should do it." He aimed for me and I took off to my right. There is no way he can keep up with me with my speed.