14.

Under the impression you was feeling me.
Under the impression you was real with me.
Was it all a lie?
Was it just fantasy?
You control my mind.
Was you just using me?

TRINITY
Today was the day that I was set to be induced. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I was ready to meet my baby, but at the same time, I had never been induced before. I had heard horrific stories about inductions so I was trying to prepare myself for the worse, which isn't exactly the mindset you want to have when you're bringing life into the world.

After I got dressed, I fixed breakfast for me and Salem. We ate and then I cleaned up while Salem watched tv. Once I was done, I got Salem dressed and made sure everything she would need was packed in her bag. I wanted her to be as comfortable as possible staying with Shaunie for the next few days. I wasn't sure if she would actually miss me as much as I was going to miss her.

I double checked and made sure I had everything I needed and wanted in my hospital bag. Then, I grabbed everything and headed out the door.

I sat the bags on the ground while I strapped Salem in. Once she was secured, I put our bags in the car and got in the driver's seat. I put on my seatbelt and turned on my music before pulling out of the parking deck. Salem was in the back just sitting along to all the songs.

I took a deep breath as I parked in Shaunie's driveway. I knew she was in good hands, but I also knew I was going to miss my baby. Salem is literally my little best friend.

I grabbed her bag out of the car and then went around to the back seat to get her out the car. When I opened the door, she had already unbuckled herself and was standing there waiting for me. I helped her out the car and we held hands as we walked up to the door. I lifted her up so she could ring the doorbell. After I put her down, we stood there patiently waiting for someone to come to the door.

When the door opened, it was Shaunie. She smiled and opened the door wider so that we could come in. She gave Salem a hug and let her run in the house and then, greeted me with a hug.

"You ready?"

"Hell yes. This baby got my body aching and clearly had no plans of coming on their own. This baby is getting it's eviction notice."

"Well I'm ready to meet my grandbaby as well."

I gave Salem a hug and hugged Shaunie before leaving and heading to the hospital. When I pulled up to the hospital, I found my way to the parking deck. Once I found a parking space, I got my things out the car and locked my doors. I entered the hospital through the parking deck.

I followed the signs and occasionally asked for additional directions until I got up to the labor and delivery floor. It felt so weird being here by myself, but I knew I wanted a peaceful delivery. Shareef is more than welcome to come see the baby after I give birth though. I'll never keep him from his children unless I saw him as a danger to them.

When I checked in, they took me back to a hospital room. They handed me a gown and I went in the bathroom to change. They got me hooked up to an IV and the fetal monitor. We went over all the information to make sure it was up to date and then the nurse handed me a tv remote and left out of the room. Shortly after, the doctor came into the room. She greeted me and we talked while she was writing things down on the dry erase board.

"What will the little one be named?"

"I'm not sure yet. I decided to wait until delivery to find out the gender."

"That's so exciting! That's become so uncommon these days. Is there a specific gender you're hoping for?"

"I'll be grateful with whichever. I just want a healthy baby."