8.

Thought I was in love before.
Now, I see I was wrong.
You came in my life and got me feeling something strong.
Cause I never knew love like this before.
Knew love like this before.

TRINITY
I got out the bed without disturbing Shareef or Salem's sleep. I went straight into the bathroom to pee and wash my face. After finishing my skin routine, I hopped in the shower.

Showers had become my therapy with everything that was going on. I had a few moments to myself that allowed me to prepare with the bullshit that was coming with Jalyn's pregnancy.

After I got out the shower, I dried myself off with a towel and slid on my robe. Then, I went downstairs to fix myself a smoothie.

As I was pouring the smoothie into a cup, Kairi came downstairs.

"Good morning."

"Good morning."

She picked up my cup like she was about to drink out of it. I snatched the cup from her.

"Aht aht aht. I can make you one, but you can't drink out of mine. I got an idea of where your mouth done been and I don't want Shaqir's seed on my cup."

"Girl, you know you be sucking the fuck outta Shareef, but you still be kissing Salem."

"I don't kiss my baby on the mouth, but that ain't even relevant in this debate."

"Well, can I have this one and you just make another one?"

I rolled my eyes and handed her the cup. She smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Thanks, mama."

I laughed and started to make another smoothie.

"If I'm your mama, you shouldn't be bringing up how I be sucking your daddy's dick and you also shouldn't be fucking on your uncle."

She cut her eyes at me causing me to laugh.

"I said you was my mama. Shareef is my step-daddy which means Shaqir and I aren't blood related."

"So who your real daddy?"

While I waited for her to answer, I poured the smoothie into a cup.

"I guess Shareef my daddy, but we just gone act like him and Shaqir aren't related because I ain't from Florida, Alabama, or West Virginia. I don't do that fucking on family members stuff."

"Watch your mouth. Always cussing like a sailor."

"I get it from my mama."

I rolled my eyes and sat down beside her while finished drinking my smoothie.

"Go see if your sister is ready. Y'all appointments gone start soon and we got multiple stops to make before we go."

"You know I don't fuck with her."

"So you was ride or die for her when she was disrespecting me, but she cut for speaking on Shaqir. I see how your loyalty run."

"Don't even try to do that. You were trying to put a 15-year-old girl out on the streets. Anything could've happened to her."

"And Shareef wanted to put her out but you stood by that because it was behind Shaqir.

I don't see why her being on the streets would've been the worst situation in the world. Everything that could've happened in the streets, happened to her while living under my roof and under her discretion because she wanted to be sneaky and running behind some little nigga, but I digress."