4.

And you ain't never gotta doubt that,
through the good or bad.
I'll be right there by your side.

TRINITY
My body woke up before the alarm. I guess it was like not being able to sleep the night before the first day of school or the night before Christmas. Today, we were finding out the gender of our baby. It also marks the halfway point in my pregnancy. It seems like the time has flown and my little baby is going to be here in no time. I was so excited but yet, so nervous.

After taking a shower, I threw on my robe and went downstairs to start breakfast.

As I was laying breakfast out on the dining room when the girls finally came down the steps. Kairi came and rubbed my stomach.

"Good morning, mama. Good morning, toota."

"Good morning, jits."

"Good morning."

They know where plates and utensils are and they're old enough to fix their own plates so I fixed my own plate and sat down at the table.

After I was done eating, I placed my plate in the sink and went upstairs. Shareef was finishing up getting dressed.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning, baby."

He gave me a tight hug and we share a kiss.

"Go eat breakfast so we can take the girls to school."

He kissed my forehead before leaving out of the room. I slid off my robe and hung it back in the bathroom. I slid on a t-shirt with a pair of biker shorts. After I was dressed, I fixed my hair and sprayed on my perfume.

I slid on my shoes before heading downstairs.

When I got downstairs, everyone was sitting in the living room. I assumed they were waiting on me.

I grabbed my purse and walked to the front door.

"My crew, lets go."

I walked out the door and got in the passenger side of the car. I went ahead and used my key to turn on the car so the air condition could start to blow.

I was scrolling on my phone when everyone started to pile into the car.

"Who want the aux today?"

"I do. Kairi always has it."

"I don't. You just always wanna be in a mood when it's your turn."

"Because you're always trying to take my turn!"

"Girls, stop fighting."

"You're always taking Kairi's side."

"How am I taking her side when I was about to give you the aux?"

"Either you're going to play music or you're not, Jalyn."

"I don't need the back up, Kairi."

"Just forget it. I should've stayed at my grandma's house. I don't even know why I came. Truthfully, Kairi only came out here so she can run behind Shaqir like her lovely role model."

I took a deep breath so I wouldn't smack her little ass in the mouth. As I was exhaling, I heard a smack behind me followed by rustling throughout the backseat.

"Y'all, stop that shit in his car!"

Before I could crawl between the front seats to get in the back and break up the fight, Shareef grabbed me and shook his head.

He got out the car and I heard the back door open. He started to pull Jalyn out of the car.

I got out and started pulling Kairi in the opposite direction. Once they were completely separated, I pointed letting Kairi know to go in the house.