3.

You did that.
You made me feel like you had my back.
I need you to know I got you.

TRINITY
Even though I had on a blindfold, I could feel the car complete to a complete stop. I could hear the car door open and I was helped out of the car. I helped the hand that was guiding me. I instantly knew it was Shareef when the person decided to pick me up and carry me. After being placed on the ground, the blindfold was removed.

My jaw dropped at the site in front of me. I walked around the house and admired the decor. I was loving the whole house but my favorite part so far was the nursery. It wasn't finished but it was getting real that Shareef and I were about to have baby.

My last stop before walking around the outside was the master bedroom. When I walked in, there was rose pedals on the floor and Shareef was standing in the middle of the room.

"Come here."

I walked over to him and he grabbed both of my hands.

"We are about to take on a lot in the next few months. I wouldn't want to grow through this journey with anyone else. We went from long distance to living together. We're going from college students to parents to three individuals. This is not what I thought our lives would be like right now but like I told you when you told me you were pregnant, God has a plan. I want you to know what I got you, us, and all of our children forever. I'm committed to this and I hope you are just as committed."

My jaw dropped as I watched him get down on one knee.

"I'm not saying we have to get married tomorrow, but I love you and I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

I nodded as I wiped my tears with the hand that he wasn't putting the ring on. He pulled me into a hug and we shared a kiss.

"Shareef, you said you had a surprise for you. You didn't say you were going to propose."

"I couldn't reveal all the secrets because you must've slipped up and told her."

"I would not have!"

We all started laughing. I walked over and gave his mother a hug.

"Thank you so much for decorating the place. It looks beautiful."

"You're welcome, baby. Congratulations. I love y'all."

"We love you too."

"I'm not going to lie, I wasn't prepared to be a grandma and I definitely didn't think Shareef would be the one to give me my first child but I love how you two are evolving and becoming mature adults."

"Thank you, mama."

She rubbed my little belly.

"I haven't held a little baby in so long."

She bent down so that she was level with my stomach.

"Bake as long as you need but me, mama, and daddy are so excited to meet you."

After we toured the outside of the house, mama gave us hugs and left.

"I can't believe we're home owners and I can't believe you proposed."

"It was happening regardless. I just hadn't figure out how I wanted to do it until recently."

I gave him a kiss.

"Thank you for everything that you do."

"Thank you for being best woman out here. It don't get no better than you."

"Thank you baby. Me and tootabutt are hungry."

"What y'all want to eat?"

-