2.

You held me down when I need a shoulder to lean on,
when things weren't easy.

TRINITY
I was so busy that I barely could remember what day it was. If I wasn't hanging out with Shareef, I was with his sisters or his mom. I was honestly loving it here though. The vibe was always so positive. They were such a well-rounded, loving family.

Back home, it was just me and my mom. Half the time, she wouldn't even be home and if she was, we were probably arguing. Then, the closest people I have to siblings are Kairi and her little sister, Jalyn, Zoey, and Renae. My cousins live in another state and my girls and I all went to colleges in different states. Luckily, me and my girls decided that in the next few months, we would pick a city and get a place together.

After taking a shower and getting dressed, I went outside to the basketball court. I guess it was half time because all the boys were sitting and gulping down water.

"Hey, y'all."

They all responded.

I walked over to Shareef and have him a quick kiss.

"Baby, can I take your car to run Me'Arah somewhere?"

"Yeah. My keys are upstairs on the nightstand."

"Okay. Thank you."

He gave me another kiss before I went back into the house. I ran upstairs to grab his keys and my purse. Then, I went to knock on Me'Arah's bedroom door.

"You ready?"

"Almost."

"Alright. I'll be in the car."

I walked back downstairs and out the house. When I got in the car, I left the door open while I waited for cool air to come out of the vents. While waiting for Me'Arah, I bluetoothed my phone to the car and started to play music.

As I was shutting my car door, Me'Arah had came out the house and hopped in the passenger side.

"Where did you need to go?"

"I just need to go to the store to grab some pads. My stomach is cramping and I feel like it's coming soon. I have a few, but I don't wanna run out."

"I understand that."

I pulled out of the driveway and drove to the nearest drug store. I gave Me'Arah my card and let her run in the store. While she was in the store, I decided to check my period tracker. I had been having so much fun that I hadn't really paid attention to when my period was supposed to come. My jaw dropped when I looked and saw 12 days late. I was trying not to stress it so I started to try and come up with all the reasons why my period could be late.

When Me'Arah got back in the car, it broke me out of my current thoughts.

"Can you take me to my friend's house? She wanna have a sleepover."

"Did you already ask your mom?"

She nodded and I nodded in response.

I pulled off and drove her back to the house. I sat in the car while she went and packed her bag. I was scrolling on google hoping it would ease my mind but of course, the main answer was pregnancy. I sighed and shook my head because this definitely would eliminate the rest of my hot girl summer.

After dropping Me'Arah off at her friend's house, I decided to drive to the store. I had nothing but time to kill. Ms. Shaunie was out of town, Amirah was on vacation with her friends, I had just dropped Me'Arah, and Shareef was probably just chilling and playing either the game or basketball with his brothers.