9.

I know you gone be there for me, baby.
You said that leaving with you would be crazy.
When life was trying to do its best to break me..
Boy, you put on your cape, flew down, and saved me.

JALYN
Trinity had me fucked up per usual. I was not about to keep living in this house when all she does is disrespect. Now, she's threatening to kill me. Her unstable ass might just try that shit so I'm going to go ahead and get up out of here for my and my baby's safety.

I went ahead a packed a bag of essentials and decided to write a note to leave on my bed.

If you're seeing this, I'm probably already gone. Don't come looking for me. I wanna be left alone. Being here was cool and all, but it's clear that this is not the place for me so I'm going somewhere that is.

Kairi, I wish you a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. I'm sure you'll make a wonderful mother. Even on our worst days, I wouldn't trade you for the world. I love you. Please don't waste your time being worried about me. I promise I'll be okay.

Shareef, I appreciate everything you have done for our family. I hope life reciprocates all the good that you have put into it. I can't wait to watch you ball out on the big screen.

Salem, you probably won't even remember me, but know that I love you. Hopefully one day, we will run into each other. If not, I'll watch you grow up via social media. Your dad's a star and he's only going to become more global. You're bound to be in the spotlight.

Trinity, go to hell. You're a hypocrite, narcissist, and bully. I cannot wait for you to meet your match. I hope they beat you the fuck up. You brought me out here so you could constantly belittle and mistreat me. I'm through with that shit. Fuck you.

Goodbye,
Jalyn

I waited until everyone was asleep to call an Uber. As it got closer, I quietly went downstairs and disarmed the alarm. I had set the pick up place a little bit down the street so that they wouldn't see me getting in the car on the cameras. I was running away and I didn't want them to be able to track where I was, who I was with, or how I got there.

"Jalyn?"

I nodded and got in the car. I put on my seatbelt and slid in my AirPods. The whole ride I just kept thinking to myself: Wow, I'm really doing this.

When we pulled up to the destination, I grabbed my bag and got out of the car.

"Thank you."

"Have a nice evening."

"You too."

I shut the door and the car pulled off. I walked up the sidewalk and up the stairs to the third floor. I walked down the long hall until I reached what I thought was the right door.

When I knocked on the door, a female answered causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"I think you might have the wrong apartment, sweetheart."

"I'm pretty sure Tone live here so I have the right apartment, sweetheart."

"And who are you supposed to be?"

"The question is who are you because Tone ain't never talked about having a sister."

"Because he don't. I'm his girl and this my shit, too so again, who are you?"

"His real fucking girlfriend and the mother of his child."

She rolled her eyes and shut the door.

I picked the lock and walked into the house. Not Tone or the girl was in the front room. It was just his little homeboys playing the game.

"Who is you?"