15.

Can't believe you saying you can't be with me.
I was there when you had nothing on your knees.
If I would try to leave,
I had you begging please.
Let me ease my mind before I cause a scene.

AMIRAH
I was honestly shocked that my mom had switched and was talking shit about Trinity like this. Be upset but to try to make Trinity out to be a gold digger? That was completely uncalled for and Shareef wasn't even speaking up to defend her.

"You know what you're saying about her is bullshit!"

"Feel how you feel, but you're not even her mother!"

"Watch how you speak to your both, both of you!"

"I'm not her mother, but I'm the closest thing to it and I'm most definitely his mother. He is too young to be tied down to all these kids at such a young age."

"How about we let him speak up for himself? He helped make those babies."

"Are we even sure of that?"

I rolled my eyes and walked off with Me'Arah following behind. I honestly couldn't believe this shit. We hopped in my car.

"What the fuck was that?"

"A shit show."

"It was supposed to be a happy moment for her, but mom made it about her."

"And for Shareef not to say absolutely anything, what the hell was that about? He's supposed to love her and didn't even try to defend her."

"Niggas really ain't shit."

I drove to Trinity's house, but she wasn't home. She also wasn't answering her phone. It had been hours and it seemed like she had fallen off the earth. I was honestly scared especially since she had my niece and nephew with her. What if something happened to her? The world isn't safe anymore.

We had rode around the city to all the places we figured she might be. When there was still no sign of her, we headed back to my mom's. I didn't want to see her, but Me'Arah was still a minor. I didn't want her pulling no slick shit if she didn't come home.

When we pulled up, Trinity's car was outside. I did a sign of relief as we got out of the car. When we got to the door, it was slightly pushed open. I proceeded into the house with caution. As we got closer to the living room, I heard crying and rumbling. We turned the door and Salem was standing there screaming and Said was in his car seat crying. Trinity was on top of my mom throwing blows.

Me'Arah took the kids into another room while I tried to pry Trinity off my mom.

"Trinity, let her go! You're pregnant. It's not worth it!"

Trinity kicked her in her face before getting up.

"You're right."

As we were walking away, Trinity screamed in pain and ran back towards my mom. I ran behind her trying to prevent another round of fighting.

"Bitch, you're pussy. You gone sneak me when I walk away. Pussy ass hoe. Now, I see where your bitch made ass son get it from. Best believe when I drop, I'm on your ass every time I see you!"

"I'm taking you to court!"

"I don't give a fuck about no damn court! You're a fake ass bitch. You broke law!"

I started dragging Trinity away.

"Uh uh. Get her out my house!"

"I ain't going nowhere without my kids!"

"Yeah. Get your time in now. I'm going to make sure Shareef gets custody!"

"Bitch, fuck you. Think you gone play with me about my kids, I'll make sure you on a t-shirt!"