1.

All that I needed, I found in you..
You showed me love that I never knew.

TRINITY
I stuffed my last article of clothing in my suitcase before zipping it up. I was honestly ready to go because I wasn't feeling my mama's energy. She was not making it a secret that she was not feeling the idea of me spending the summer with Shareef. She claimed I was "running behind some little nigga I don't know". Unfortunately for her, I wasn't looking for approval on the move I was making. I'm grown and I'm comfortable with my decision.

As I was sitting my bags by the front door, my mother walks into the living room.

"Don't call me when this shit doesn't turn out like you want it to. I ain't got no money for a plane ticket."

"You ain't put no money into nothing I done had going on for years. I been making shit shake without you and I will continue to move the same way. I don't understand why you can't just be a supportive mother. We are serious about each other and we wanna be able to spend full time quality time together."

"I don't understand why you just graduated and your first move is running behind some basketball player that will be over you within the next few weeks."

"You don't get it because you've been sharing your nigga for years but at the end of the day, me and mine good and grown. Therefore if you're not going to support me, mind your business and keep the negativity to yourself."

As she was about to respond, there was a knock on the door. I opened it and embraced Shareef in a hug. He kissed my forehead.

"Hey, Ms. Holland."

Instead of speaking, my mother rolled her eyes and walked to the back of the house. Shareef looked at me with a confused expression.

"Don't pay her no mind."

I stepped to the side so he could come in.

"Dang, bae. Do you wanna bring the living room with you too?"

I playfully pushed him.

"I gotta have options."

"All you needed was shoes. I got a bunch of draws and shirts you can wear."

"Rashaun."

He laughed.

"I'm just saying."

We loaded up the car and headed to the airport. I was honestly nervous to meet Shareef's family. I was hoping it would go as well as it did with my family (aside from my mother, of course).

I felt him rub my thigh causing me to look over at him.

"They'll love you just as much as I do."

-

I took a deep breath in before getting out of the car. Shareef held my hand as we walked up to the door. He rung the doorbell and we stood there waiting for someone to come open the door.

"What's up, little bro?"

Him and his older brother, Myles dapped each other up.

"This her, bro? She little as fuck."

They both laughed.

"I'm Myles."

"I'm Trinity."

"It's nice finally meeting you. You're all this dude every talks about these days. He couldn't wait to see you and bring you to meet the family."

"Chill."

"Aww. Let me find out you like me."

Shareef and I followed Myles into the house. Surprisingly the living room was empty. I continued to follow Shareef throughout the house. When we walked into the kitchen, his mom was cooking. She quickly paused cooking and pulled Shareef into a hug. Once they pulled away, they both looked at me.