Emergency Contact Number

He wanted an update from his brother but he didn't want this.

He didn't understand why his hand always sought the phone that day. Why did it rather find comfort for the cool screen to be at his fingertips than the pages of his book? There were no things to chase at a span of hours or minutes, no places to be besides the dorm. Jaehyun was in the room still sleeping, and catching on the rest he needed. Ash was with him earlier but wanted to spend time with the others. So he was with the rest of the members (who were awake), and even those who visited upstairs, like Taeyong. Spending time in his room and Mark's, the sound of the guitar, background music to his thoughts. To the others kept close to him yet required distance, he also knew how they were for today. Hoshi and Th8 were busy with their own promotional things, preparing to give their best to the fans. Full support to them he did give as long as they updated him on their health. His friends in the U.S. opted to stay indoors, the crimes were rising and were not worth the risk of a bit of sunlight. At least. And Leon was just a bit busy with Kingdom, and other promotions. So all the people he kept tabs on were okay. Yet why was his hand wishing to hold his phone?

"You seem on edge. Is she still calling you?" Taeyong was leaning against Ash who stopped turning the pages of his novel. Peculiar for the boy's speed in reading asked for a chase, yet why was he at a stop now? It was unlike him to leave his eyes on the pages, and yes his mind wanders but the book pages run with him. So was he okay? The leader knew of an unknown number, so persistent about an answer to a question that should not be asked. But it was pushed aside, it was solved for the meantime. Yet was it really? Did they call or communicate back and Ash just kept quiet?

But Taeyong knew that Ash wouldn't keep that secret to himself. And by the way, the younger boy moved to hear his heartbeat, he knew it wasn't that. "Feel something's off. That's all, hyung." And what more could he do? Ash didn't know what was on edge but the fact that he was worried Taeyong. So he just kept the boy close and calmed him down as they asked the music from Mark's voice and guitar to consume them. Maybe it would be enough on their nerves for now.

Yet the shrill sound that no way went with the guitar had broken the hope for peace. And the phone ring coming from Ash's phone had all boys staring. Was she calling again? "Don't answer?" It was an unknown number but no more of the same digits. And something just told Ash, in the form of giving his fingers all the attention of the wind and its pressure. Answer it. Answer it.

"I think I have to." So with a hand holding the other loose grip who tried to find solace as it tossed and turned in the sheets, Mark and Taeyong held his hand. Strength to pass on to before answering the phone.

"Hello. Is this Mr. Asher Yun?"

"This is he. May I ask why you need me?"

They heard his yes in the first seconds after, but they didn't hear anymore. Nor did his face show them what the call was for. Was it a threat? But his lip was not torn by nipping teeth. His eyes did not move away from the wall so plain. And his hands held tighter to neither the phone nor his member's hand. It was as if he was paused, yet the static was buzzing still. Signifying that life did not stop when he did.

When did the phone call end? Was it still in resume? The boy was not moving, and it had alerted the members. Those in the room did not know what to do because of what was even happening. They were witnesses yet had no clue for there was no narration. Maybe because what they wanted to see was a movie or a clip. Yet Ash acted like a picture.

So they waited. Until his phone dropped from his hand, and there was no clue on its screen on what exactly transpired. But he fainted, and there was no time to ask why. There was only time to do it. "Call the manager!" And how many feet moved. Who carried him? Who woke up those who were resting, or did the sudden shrill call for authority wake everyone?

---

"Hello. Is this Mr. Asher Yun?"

"This is he. May I ask why you need me?"

"You are the emergency contact number of Mr. Blake Yun. You're his brother if this information is correct?"

"Yes."

"Thank goodness. I am a nurse from the Massachusetts General Hospital. Sir, we have not much news for you, and we wished to have people in contact but were unable to do so because his healthcare information was not complete. We only knew when he woke up."

Woke up? What? Yet his voice was on mute, and he hoped in his silence the caller would understand his confusion

"Sir, your brother, Mr. Blake, is in the hospital. He had been for the past two weeks and only woke up earlier. He was rushed because of an accident, he was attacked on his way to his business, as we believe so because of where he was found. But there were a couple of witnesses who claimed that someone had crashed into this car. Some claimed that a car had been waiting for him to arrive, but the investigation has not disclosed anything yet until we have contacted someone for him."

Hospital. Investigation. Intentional?

"He was in a coma for two weeks, and just woke up earlier today. The doctors are monitoring his state right now. We wanted to ask if you could come for the investigation and further inquiries about his state. We also were made aware of how you are in South Korea right now for your job. But we could further discuss ---

"All doctors and nurses needed on deck! The patient at ICU unit 3, Yun, is flatlining. Repeat, all hands on deck ICU unit 3!"

"Sir, I'll contact you again."

Wait. Yun, Blake Yun? What's happening? Why is my heart seems to be slow at this time? Am I even breathing? Wait, I feel gravity acting upon where I stand. Wait.

-----

"Ash, breathe. Come on, please wake up." He was surrounded by nurses and doctors. All monitoring his vitals, and state but no official news were told yet of his state to the manager or the members. Yet his hand was still closed up against someone. This time being Jaehyun and Taeyong refused to leave him alone once a room was given to the idol.

"Who was on the phone?"

"That's the thing. We don't know. Only Ash does."

A/N: It's a bit later than scheduled but don't worry my summer is a few days away. Now, what do you think happened? Is Blake fine? Is Ash fine? 

We'll see soon. - Aid

 - Aid