𝟎.𝟏 || "𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞."

Again thank you so much for choosing to read this book, it means so much! The cast isn't quite finished yet but it will be finished in a few hours! Other than that I present to you....THE DIADEM GIRL.

Today was quite a normal day, the sun was out, first years were running through the halls, and I was with my best friend since day one. Cleo Clearwater, we had been friends since 1st year when she comforted me when I was hurt.

 In first year when we were getting sorted into our houses Jade was the only one that got Slytherin, but that didn't stop us from being her friend. Speaking of houses I'm a Ravenclaw, it runs in my family. I'm a Clarke which means that I have some type of family connection with Rowena Ravenclaw. My parents believe her diadem  is actually stored in Hogwarts somewhere, but that's impossible considering that no one knows what it looks like or where it is.

"El are you even listening to me?" a blonde with shoulder length hair asks.

"Yeah sorry Cleo, I was just thinking." 

"Oh well it's fine I just wanted your opinion on if I should wear a headband or just put in hair clips?" 

Cleo, the fashion expert. Cleo is the sweetest person ever, she's always there for me if I'm down or just not really feeling it. That's why I love her so much.

She grabs both accessories and places them into my lap. "I think the clips would look cute, they bring out your eyes." I then hand her back both accessories and head into the restroom. I fluff up my curls a bit and top off my makeup with a clear lipgloss. 

"El the headband would look cute on you, here catch!" I catch the headband and carefully slide it on my hair trying not to mess it up at the same time. "Thanks Cleo." I give her a smile, and head out of the restroom. "Are you ready to go? I think Jade is waiting for us." Cleo says grabbing her bag. "Yeah, just let me put my shoes on and grab my bag." I put on my white converse and grab my bag, then we both head out the door.

                                                    ~~~~~~

We head towards the Slytherin common room to see Jade with a girl with some type of goo all over her hair and clothes. "Bloody hell." Cleo says rolling her eyes. April Nott and her minions. They've bullied us ever since first year for no reason at all, she and her minions will always find some way to embarrass, annoy, or anger us.

 "What's the prob? Dog." The black haired girl says dropping the cauldron on the floor. She then walks towards us and smiles. "Hey guys sorry about that, that bitch and her minions were talking shit again. Let's go, oh also I heard there's a new boy." A new boy? There's barely ever any new people, especially boys

"A new boy? What year is he in?" Cleo says turning to face Jade. "He's in the same year as us I believe, rumor also says he's really hot." A new boy...

We walk into the great hall to see the Slytherins giving us a mean look. But specifically three certain people. April with her minions Delaini and Hope, all of them giving us death glares as we walk through the great hall. "I'll see you guys in DADA, love you." Jade says giving Cleo and I a kiss on the cheek.

 Me and Cleo walk over to the Ravenclaw table and see Luna Lovegood. "Hello." her voice was as soft as a pillow. "Hello Luna." We say giving a smile before turning to the front of the great hall. 

"Today we have a new student joining us and I would like you all to treat him with kindness and welcome him, please welcome...MATTHEO RIDDLE!" Riddle?! Dumbledore is letting a Riddle come to our school? The dark lords son?

 My thoughts were interrupted when the doors opened. A brown haired boy with curly hair and beautiful tanned skin walked through the great halls with confidence, glaring at every person he saw. I looked over the Slytherin table to see April and her minions drooling over him.

 I then looked at Jade to see her roll her eyes at him and look back at Dumbledore. I turn back at the new boy to also notice that he has a scar an his nose and on his left eye, but it's hard to see. 

While I was admiring him he connects our eyes, my breathe hitched in my throat. He had a smirk worn on his face and then looked back ahead. He sat down on the little stool and the sorting hat was put on his head.

"A Riddle eh? Very well. You're very wise but Ravenclaw wouldn't fit, your brave but you're  definitely not a Gryffindor...and Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness! It shall be......SLYTHERIN!"

The Slytherin table roared, claps and chants all from that one table. Walking towards the Slytherin table he gave me one last look and sat down at the table. Of course April was already all over him, touching his arm seductively and flirting with him. He seemed unbothered but I could tell that he was annoyed by her. Dumbledore then starts the feast and we eat. 

Thank you for reading chapter one! I'm going to be posting chapter two right after this! ily all! <3

- ocean <3