Chapter 19

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't bring myself to fall asleep

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't bring myself to fall asleep. I kept tossing and turning on the bed, which made it impossible for me to sleep.

Why am I having such difficulty sleeping when I am so tired, I should have drifted off to sleep by now.

After giving up, I decided to get out of bed and grab a glass of water. It was kind of late at night so hopefully no one would be around.

Why would a mafia house would be left unsupervised.

I walk through my door and down to the kitchen. After entering the kitchen, I notice that no one was around. I could hear raindrops hitting the window as the lights shone brightly above me.

The rain reminded me of the times when I used to be so afraid of thunderstorms. Of course, I was still a kid back then and have overcame my fear by now. Mom used to tell me thunderstorms are as much our friends as the sunshine.

Since then, I have grown to love the rain. When I hear a steady stream of rain hitting the ground, I feel calm and relaxed.

I searched for the shelf where all the glasses were kept. This kitchen was huge, I couldn't even name most of the appliances if I tried. While trying to pick up a glass, my hand slipped, causing it to fall.

Shit.

In an attempt to catch the glass as quickly as possible, I hit my head on the counter while trying to bend down before it reached the ground.

The pain quickly surfaced in my head. Before I could even catch the glass, it had already hit the ground, shattering everywhere. I bent down and carefully picked up the pieces as they were surrounded my leg. I drove around it and carefully walked around it.

I noticed blood running down my hand just as I picked up a piece, but I was too busy trying to clean up the mess before anyone was going to walk into the kitchen.

"Blyad, Valentina,"

[ Fuck ]

I gazed up to Adrian and saw him sprinting towards me. After taking my hand, he immediately applied pressure to the cut.

"What the fuck is wrong with you," he hissed and led me to the sink and I flinched at his harsh words.

My hand felt completely numb for such a deep cut.

"Gotta rinse," he said placing my hand under the tap.

There goes the pain.

"Shit," I cursed. I was so focused on watching Adrian rinse my wound that I didn't realize how close he was standing next to me.

As I looked up at him, I noticed that his hair was a mess.

Wait. Has he been drinking?

The smell of alcohol filled my nostrils as I leaned in closer to him. Staring at his beautiful face, I was mesmerized. He had a jaw so sharp it looked like it could cut through paper. A small scar was visible on the left side of his eyebrow which I hadn't noticed before. Up close, his face looked ten times better.

I need his skincare routine.

It took me so long to hear that he called out my name several times.

"We need to clean this," I hear him say.

He grabbed my arm and dragged me along. Following him to his room, we climbed the stairs to the third floor.

We reached his bathroom. Immediately, he left my side, walking out of the bathroom. He had a much bigger bathroom than the one at the warehouse.

Everything was in white, black, and gold. The bathroom had a large tub in the middle of the room and a shower to the right. Waiting for Adrian, I leaned against the counter.

After a short while, he returns with a small box.

"Sit on the counter,"

I look at him unsure. "Uh no it's fine, I can just sta-"

"I wasn't asking," he coldly stated.

After lifting myself up, I sat on the counter. Despite being in this position, he still towered over me. Adrian stood in front of me, like a giant wall. Somehow, his presence made me feel uneasy, I couldn't explain it.

In anticipation of his next move, I placed my hand on my thigh. I could really just clean the cut myself, I don't know why he brought me here...

He took a bottle and cotton swab out of the box. Taking the cotton and dipping it in the bottle, soaking it in the liquid. It was hard for me not to pay attention to his hands. I could see his veins bulging out every time he moved.

Dammit.

Adrian pressed cotton into the cut, cleaning the wound. When I felt burning, I winced at the pain. I saw him stop his work and look at me. Then I calmed down, letting him know that it was all right to continue, but he still stood there.

Why is he staring at me like that? Is there something on my face?

"Adrian?" I call his name.

While we stared at each other for a few minutes, I wanted to know what's going through his mind. Our faces were so close since he was leaned down right at my level. When I could no longer take his stare any longer, I called him again.

"Adrian,"

Ignoring me, he turned his gaze back to the box and took out a roll of gauze.  He wrapped my wound and tied the end around my palm. He then put everything back in its place and left the room.

Do I just leave? I couldn't even say thank you. I shook my head and got off the counter. Adrian came back into the bathroom just as I was leaving.

"When do you ever use your brain? Why would you pick up a piece of glass with your bare hands?" he asks, furrowing his brows as he waited for my response.

"I was trying to be careful," I mutter. I was stupid and wanted to clean up the mess before anyone saw it, but I miserably failed.

Adrian never expressed any emotions. He was usually angry or cold. As he walked towards me, I heard him release a deep sigh.

My heart raced, no no don't come any closer.

After noticing my distressed expression, he paused. Was I scared of him? No. Then why did I panic when he tried to approach me?

We stood there awkwardly, the silence was killing me. "Thank you," I managed to say.

He gave me a small nod.

"I should probably head back to my room," I say and hopped off the counter, heading towards the door. I heard Adrian curse silently.

Before I had the chance to step out of the room, a hand snatched my arm, turning me around.

Adrian cupped my face before crashing his lips onto mine, immediately catching me off guard.

-------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote and comment, ILY <3333