Chapter 9: Investigation

I mean.. he's not wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watch over as the two boys spar with one another. Issei was showing off too much by not taking Riser seriously. He was far more powerful since Riser lost Ophis' power.

Issei: "Is this it? Come on, I'm not even trying and you're still struggling"

Riser: "Shut it bastard!!"

Issei: "Only if you can best me idiot"

The two continue to train as I turn back and see myself out of the Valley. I arrive at my previous home from when I was alive and see all the pictures I had hanged up.

Memories of a distant past where I'd train Rias' destructive magic and my very own combat prowess. A picture of Sirzechs and I shaking hands with a big smile after a tough battle we had. A little doll that a 6 year old Rias gave me as a gift from being her instructor. And lastly, a ribbon from Grayfia's hair that had fallen off on one of our battles with a high ranking devil. She had used it to patch up a cut on my hand. It wasn't very deep but she was pretty worries about it since I was human.

Y/n: "... You were very caring of me"

I grab the tip of the ribbon and hold it in my hand for a few seconds until I was interrupted.

??: "Mr. Hassan?"

I look to my side and see Grayfia standing at the doorway. I look back at the ribbon and let it go.

Y/n: "That boy thou mentioned before.. he wanted me to come here"

Grayfia: "Y/n?"

Y/n: "Yes. He wanted me to bring him this"

She looks at the ribbon with half covered in dry blood and tilts her head.

Grayfia: "The ribbon?"

Y/n: "It seems he treasured it. He said he wanted me to bring it to him"

Grayfia: "Really.. Hang on"

I could see her looking at her hair and pulls out on of the ones that she had on used the other one to put her hair in pony tail. She hands me the other one with a smile.

Grayfia: "If he treasures it so much, I'll give him a new one. The other one is covered in old blood so he can keep this one instead.. I'm happy that even such a small thing like this means so much as to ask you to bring it to him"

Y/n: "He holds dear from whom it came from the most. He treasures thee greatly"

She had a light tinge of red on her cheeks as I let her know a bit of how I feel.

Grayfia: "It brings me such warmth in my heart that he still cares for me"

Y/n: "He loves you"

She sadly smiles knowing she won't be able to see him anymore as she holds a picture of Y/n and Rias.

Grayfia: "As long as he is finally resting well, that's all I can ask for"

I hold onto the ribbon while looking at her, debating on whether I should reveal myself to her.

Y/n: "Grayfia"

Grayfia: "Yes?"

Y/n: "I-"

Sirzechs: "Grayf- Oh, Mr. Hassan, great timing"

Sirzechs enters inside the room as we both turn to him.

Y/n: "Sirzechs"

Sirzechs: "I think you'd like to come see this"