Chapter 6: Meeting Back At Kuoh

I need hugs from Alter babe too :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Issei: "Gramps!!!"

I turn my head to see the boy running to me.

Y/n: "What is thy's problem?"

Issei: "The sword, look at it!!"

I take a look to see it glowing and melting.

Y/n: "Worry not boy, for it was merely a borrowed tool. Tis returning to its former. Hm? This does pose a problem. Thou does require possession of a weapon"

Issei: "You're planning on giving me another one?"

I nod as I look out to the world.

Y/n: "Yes. This one's presence is similar to thous. A dragon slayer"

Issei: "A dragon slayer?"

Y/n: "As the name implies. A sword that hast taken the life of multiple dragons. In order to achieve, thou must prove thy self by taking down by yourself"

Issei: "Where do I go? I'm up for the challenge"

Y/n: "As expected. Follow my lead"

We walk through the Rift of the Valley until we arrive at a setting unbeknownst to man. A setting where a powerful dragon resides.

Y/n: "I shall supervise"

Issei: "Thank you"

He takes a few steps forward and senses the beast, jumping back to avoid the attack.

Issei: "It's a big boy huh?"

The massive dragon exits the cave it slept in and let out a fierce roar as Issei grinned in excitement.

Issei: "I'm all fired up"

He rushes in and unleashes his gauntlet. He goes for the legs as the dragon continued to fire its breath attack.

Issei: "Watch out Gramps, he's gunning for you too!!"

He goes to take a bite out of me but my cape slaps him and sends it flying back. My eyes glow a bit as Issei looked at me surprised.

Issei: "I knew you were strong but not even moving a muscle?!"

Y/n: "Thou mustn't remove thys eyes from the enemy. It could prove to be fatal"

Issei: "Right, sorry. Was a little worried there for ya from forgetting your strength for a minute"

He challenges the dragon for the whole day. He had exhausted all the tricks he had and ultimately came out defeated. The dragon retreated back into its cave as Issei looked over at me.

Issei: "I.. I failed. Sorry Gramps-"

Y/n: "Thou has failed, but is it wrong?"

Issei: "Huh?"

Y/n: "What has thou taken from this match? Was the enemy slow? Where was his weak spots? Was his breath attack at max power? What did you take out of this battle boy?"

Issei: "I... know he's weak to attacks to its knees"

Y/n: "Good. Thou must learn to fail before thou can triumph. One doesn't become the best without obstacles. The amount of times you will fail does not matter but the way you fail. Fall better. That's when thou shall succeed"

Issei: "Y-Of course. I'll do my best going forward!!"

I nod as he follows me home. From then on, he'd go to train for 5 days straight before challenging the dragon once more. He'd lose but gain experience when fighting it. He'd battle the dragon for a month straight, never once giving up.