Chapter 3:All that are left are memories

Amy ran to her laptop as she heard that someone was trying to face time her. When she saw the caller ID displayed on the screen ,she rolled her eyes a little. It was Sheldon again. She was starting to get annoyed with him because he wouldn't give her space. It's not that she didn't want to see his face and want to know how he is doing but rather that seeing him brings back all the pain again which she couldn't handle anymore.

She knew it was gonna be hard on both of them but she didn't know how much it would actually hurt until now and she hated it. Just thinking that Sheldon could be feeling how she felt made her want to cry. She accepted the call immediately without even thinking about it ,like a reflex. He didn't say anything like he was expecting her to rant on about how he should give her space .

If he knew it then why would he continue to do it . He grinned just a little bit at the corner of his mouth like it was secret but she caught it. She wondered why he did that . Was it cause he wanted to hear her voice again? Was he happy to see her face again ? Or did he enjoy seeing her in pain ?

She knew the latter was less likely but it was a sharp thought in her head that she couldn't get rid of . Seeing his face again brought back butterflies which she missed so dearly that she forgot the feeling but the overwhelming sickness in her stomach was stronger.

Once she shut the laptop carefully after ending the call ,she took a big sigh again and finally let herself show emotion that she didn't want to show infront of Sheldon. She could feel the tears start to fall and her eyes fell to the dining room table next to the kitchen where they shared so much dinners together.

She remembered the date night where she made his favourite food, spaghetti with little hot dogs cut up in it,and did all of his favourite things to prove to him that he can enjoy spending time with her. She would never forget when the night ended and he was about to go home that he whispered in her ear so softly,"I always enjoy spending time with you . Thank you for tonight.". Her heart skipped a beat and she couldn't help but go red. He never admitted his feelings but that night she was so happy he did say what he did.

Or the night when she pretended to be interested in his big decision on whether to get the Xbox One or PS4. She loved seeing his face twitch a little when she basically yelled at him to pass the butter.

When the shop closed,he didn't end up deciding what he wanted and they sat all those hours there ,she was bored yes and getting a little impatient yes but lying on his shoulder and being able to be close enough to hear him breathe made it worth it.

When she finally got some food in him,she knew how hard it was for him as he struggled to make decisions and always doubted himself so she was very patient with him. Sheldon did notice because once she dropped him home,he kissed her on the cheek,it was a quick peck just to let her know he appreciated what she did and he whispered a thank you as he got out.

Her cheek was tingling a little at just replaying that memory. He grew so much as a person. He still had his faults but he grew more vulnerable to her and trusted her. She appreciated greatly as she knew it was difficult for him to depend on someone else other than himself.

She thought back to when she was intoxicated and she kissed him on that very couch she was sitting on now. She told Sheldon she didn't remember but she remembered it vividly actually,she was just to embarrassed by it in that moment that she lied but she didn't regret kissing him.She had been wanting to do it for a while but the alcohol gave her the courage she needed.