Chapter 8: Is love worth it in the end ?

Amy felt horrible constantly. The guilt and regret pained more than any other pain. She has never felt this much pain before and it was worse now. She didn't know what to do. She tried to distract herself more until she found herself taking a break from work and not hanging out with the gang.

Penny and Bernie didn't know why and they checked up on her constantly but Amy wanted to be alone. They were worried as they didn't know why and they were completely clueless. She appreciated them checking up on her but quite honestly she just wanted to sit there, do nothing and be completely alone.

She has never been so mad at herself before. She could've had everything but was to impatient. She hated this guilt she felt and the regret was an even sharper pain. She couldn't sit there in agony anymore. She was tired of always feeling sorry for herself but she didn't know how to snap out of it.

There were three knocks on the door with the continuous of her name being called. Only one person did that and it was Sheldon. What was he doing here ?

"Leave her alone Sheldon please. You are going to make her feel worse. She just needs time."She could hear Penny beg Sheldon to leave Amy alone.

Amy went to the door,opened it and just said it was okay for Sheldon to come in. Penny said she would stay outside but if Amy needed anything she was there.

Amy appreciated the gesture and felt bad now for not being dressed well. She was dressed in her sweats and a shirt with her hair in a complete mess. Sheldon walked to her kitchen and went to switch the kettle on without another word.

She was so confused on why he was here.

Did he know that she knew ? Oh no she didn't want that at all. Did Penny know that she knew? Why did this have to affect her so much ?

Eventually Sheldon came with two cups of tea placing them on the table and sat on the couch next to her.

"What are you doing here, Sheldon?"Amy eventually asked after a few minutes of silence.

He just looked at her and blew his tea a little to cool it faster.

"I heard Penny mention to Leonard that you weren't doing so great and I just came to make sure you were okay for myself." Sheldon said so casually.

He came to check up on her which meaned he still cared about her and that made her heart feel warm.

"Well thank you but I'm fine ,Sheldon." Amy said trying to chase him away before she started crying again.

"Clearly "Sheldon scoffed loudly and rudely .

He was using sarcasm which he doesn't do. Amy was taken back by his sarcasm and the way he rudely put it.

"What do you mean by 'clearly'" Amy said hoping he didn't notice the temper in her voice. He was quite for a while and then snapped.

"You haven't been to work in the last few days which you love doing ,you haven't been hanging out with Penny and Bernadette as regularly, you are sitting in your sweat pants and a basic shirt that you just threw on,in the middle of the week. So you are not fine, Amy. Stop lying to yourself and to me." he raised his voice quite loud and you could see he was getting quite upset.

Amy felt bad for him. He came all this way here and he got her impatience again in doing so.

"You right,I'm sorry Sheldon. It is just that I don't know what happened ,I was doing fine and now I'm just a mess and I'm mad at myself for it. " Amy said looking down at her hands.

She was lying she knew exactly what happened but she didn't expect it to hurt this much. Even if he did propose he would still be him so it wouldn't have worked.So she was telling the truth in a way.