Chapter 5: Time heals a broken heart

It has been a week and everything felt better. Not entirely,she still hurt and cried but it wasn't as much as she used to. She even could stomach eating proper meals and was looking forward to going to work again.

She has been going to work but now she was actually looking forward to it like she used to. She was sad that she was only looking forward to it on the last couple of days but it kept her busy. It was Friday today so she got ready for work like her daily routine and once she had a bite to eat she was off.

She heard her phone ring while she was driving so she grabbed it and put it on speaker phone as she focused on the road.

"Hey Amy" Penny said a little bit to cheery since it was still early.

Amy said her hellos to and waited for Penny to get to the reason she called after some small talk and catching up.

"I just wanted to know if maybe you wanted to have a relaxed evening in with Bernie for my bachelorette party?" she asked but she put alot of emphasis on the relaxed part.

"sure I would love to but why the all of a sudden plans for the bachelorette?" Amy asked as the curiosity got the best of her.

"Raj and Howard are going to take Leonard and Sheldon to some famous scientists cabin for the weekend for Leonard's bachelor party." she said trying to correctly remember exactly what Raj told her.

Amy agreed that it would be nice to hang out together while the boys are gone and hung up as she arrived to work.
______________________________________

It took some getting used to the new work routine. Not having Sheldon come by her lab during lunch or her eating in his office sometimes. It wasn't an every day thing but she appreciated it when he gave up his time for her.

She gets pretty distracted by work now which she loves so she didn't mind as she did need the distraction and if it wasn't work it was Penny or Bernie checking up on her to check if she was still okay.Amy had to admit that it was still hard and it still hurt but it hurt a little less everyday and that was something to look forward to every morning.

She hasn't seen Sheldon quite alot which actually made things easier.She would occasionally go to the apartment for take away with the group like normal. Sheldon would often avoid being there all together on the nights she was there but he stayed around at least once in that week to not make it awkward. They avoided talking to each other and it made everything easier kind of.

She felt bad that the group felt awkward because of them but she kept the conversation going so it didn't have to be. It was hard for both of them to. When he did so happen to eat with her that night she would steal little glances to see if he was really alright. He looked a little better but he was still quiet unless he had something to say that involved his quirks that annoyed everyone but Amy missed it a little.

She went through a long time of just wallowing. She allowed herself to cry it all out and slept with Sheldon's shirt every night until she felt a bit better. She still wanted to sleep with it but she thought it was best to get rid of everything and move on.

She packed all their stuff in the box everything that reminded her of him. She would have to pack the whole apartment in the box but the small stuff did do for now. When she finished she closed the box and put it high in her closet and covered it with a blanket.