Chapter 6: When do you move on ?

Amy,Penny and Bernadette decided to have a girl's day together as the guys decided to do fencing. Amy thought it was rather odd of Sheldon to try new things as he wasn't the exploring type. He hated sports and this wasn't new information so it made her curious onto why he would do fencing but she tried to dismiss her curiosity as she didn't want to think of him.

Her mood has been a rollercoaster the past few days,she didn't quite know what the trigger was or what caused it. She hardly saw Sheldon anymore as Sheldon avoided her everytime he could. She didn't like it and felt so hurt but she couldn't blame him really,if this helped him move on then this was just going to be the case. She would just have to get used to not seeing him.She could feel the tears filling up her eyes as it was becoming blurry a little.

She doesn't know exactly what made her start feeling sad and hurt more than usual and the pain was bigger. It was like the first week but just a little bit more numb now and she really was so confused on what brought it on. She was doing so well. She was still hurt but she was slowly feeling better.

She didn't change her routine,she still continued to do her work and see the girls as she enjoyed their company but she tried to see them more frequently now.

They walked into Stuart's comic book store as he wanted to talk with them. He needed some female advice on making the store more 'female friendly' as he kind of put it.

She always felt sympathetic towards Stuart as he always looked sad and it made her always feel bad for him. Once they drew to the reason why women weren't coming in here was because of Stuart, they spoke a little more before leaving.

Stuart has been mentioning going out with Amy since the first day she officially broke it off with Sheldon at Howard and Bernadette's place. She always thought he was kidding as he was alone and needed someone but she realized that day he actually asked her out.

She obviously said no as she wasn't ready for dating yet and she didn't care for Stuart in that way. Normally she would be jumping for joy that another guy liked her and that she was attractive enough to be liked but today was different she felt a sharp pain just thinking about being asked out as it lead her back to the big question she was contemplating in her head for a long time.

Was she ready to date again?

They arrived back to Penny's after getting some food and the day was quite good. She had alot of fun with them,she always found that she didn't hurt to bad when she was with people as they kept her occupied. As long as she didn't let the thoughts take over that was the worst she could do.

Barry sent Amy a message asking her out. What was wrong with men today ? Why do they keep asking her out ? Amy kept thinking to herself. She was shocked, flattered but also infuriated. It was like the world was telling her that she should just take any guy and move on. She knew it was healthy to move on but she didn't want to, she really wanted to be single so if she got the chance to jump into Sheldon's arms again and make this whole nightmare be over with she could.

She knew it was ridiculous because her breaking it off with him was rational and the right thing to do but she wanted to do the wrong thing for once in her life.

Was she going to say yes to him ? She told the girls she would think about it but she immediately typed no and her apologies. She didn't need to think about it,she wasn't ready yet and she didn't want to be a mess when she moved on.

They continued eating and talking until eventually they decided it was getting late and it was best to go home but Amy was dreading it a bit as she hated being alone now but decided it was best .
______________________________________

Bernadette and Amy walked down,eventually after heading to the third flight of stairs they saw Leonard and Sheldon. Amy was frozen like she couldn't seem to move her legs, she was shocked to see him which was ridiculous because he lived in this building and she knew that.