Chapter 9: Rainbow Falls

Coming up in just a couple of days is the qualifying trials for the Equestria Games and out in a field in the middle of Ponyville, the Ponyville team was preparing to get their practice in so that they can qualify for the games. The team consisted of Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Bulk Biceps while the rest of the ponies were either helping or spectating.

Rainbow Dash: Alright, ponies, listen up!

Fluttershy: We're all ears. Right, Bulk Biceps?

Bulk was flexing one of his forelegs and is busily kissing its bulge of muscle. He stops, realizing that his attention is needed elsewhere, and proceeds to flex both forelegs while letting off three quick grunts.

Bulk Biceps: I'm all muscles! YEAH!

Rainbow Dash: I like your attitude, Bulk Biceps, but it's gonna take more than muscles and Yeahs to get us to the Equestria Games!

(Y/N): That's right! You two plus Rainbow Dash are the Aerial Relay team, so while it will be a challenging process, you must put in ALL of your effort if we want our team to qualify.

Rainbow Dash: And do I need to remind you how much I-

(Y/N) gives Rainbow Dash an annoyed look.

(Y/N): There is no "I" in team, Dash.

Rainbow Dash: S-Sorry, I mean Ponyville wants to qualify and make it to the Games?

Fluttershy: I remember. I really, really, really want to qualify for you and Ponyville.

Bulk Biceps: BRING IT ON!!

He snorts out steam at the end of this. Pinkie then zips in dressed in a yellow and blue cheerleader outfit with pink edging on the vest, and pink and gold-striped ribbons are tied in her mane and tail. She has large gold pompoms attached to her front hooves.

Pinkie Pie: Gimme a 'P' for 'Ponyville'!

Fluttershy yelps and huddles down as Pinkie calls into the bullhorn.

Pinkie Pie: P, Ponyville!

Bulk Biceps: P!!

Pinkie is blown backward by this and lands upside down with her head in the ground. (Y/N) comes up and pulls her by the tail to get her out of the ground as Fluttershy walks up to the both of them. 

Fluttershy: Oh, thanks, Pinkie Pie. That was a scary- I mean, great cheer. *laughs nervously*

Rainbow Dash: Just make sure you have one ready for when we qualify for the Aerial Relay.

(Y/N): That right. The team is gonna need some motivation and there's nopony with better cheers than you Pinkie.

Pinkie smiles from this before she pecks (Y/N) on the cheek.

(Y/N): The more we practice, the more our team is sure to make it into the Equestria Games.

Bulk Biceps: And after that, we'll win the gold medals in the Equestria Games!!!

Applejack: Not so fast!

Everypony turns to see Applejack pulling in a cart that's stacked with pastries.

Applejack: If you're gonna be good, you're gonna be better with some of my apple brown bettys in ya. They're perfect.

Fluttershy and Bulk eye the offering happily as she stops the cart in front of them. Before either one can move to taste then, Pinkie emerges from within, scattering the goods everywhere.