Chapter 10: Three's A Crowd

It was just the late morning as (Y/N) was lounging on his couch reading a Daring Do book peacefully. As he takes in the quietness that he is enjoying in his room, he suddenly hears a knock over at his front door. Confused to why somepony would want to see him this early, (Y/N) places the book down and walks over to the door to open to see a really excited Twilight right next to Fluttershy.

Twilight Sparkle: (Y/N)! You won't guess who I've invited to spend the weekend with us starting today!

(Y/N) just smirks at Twilight.

(Y/N): Let me guess. . . Cadance?

Twilight Sparkle: Huh?! How did you know?

(Y/N): I don't know. . . Maybe the fact that you've been talking about how much you wanted her to come visit a couple of days ago?

(Flashback)

(Y/N) was at Sugarcube Corner just up at the counter getting his order of a dozen cupcakes as Mrs. Cake places sprinkles on the frosting before closing the box. (Y/N) pays for his food as he levitates the bits on the counter for Mrs. Cake before getting ready to walk back outside. However, a specific purple alicorn get's up in his face out of nowhere.

Twilight Sparkle: (Y/N)!

(Y/N) flinches startled from Twilight sudden appearing and he drops the box of cupcakes on the ground. Both him and Twilight look down at the box and they open it to find that half of them were now tipped over with icing all over the box and (Y/N) just gives Twilight a peeved look while she smiles nervously.

Twilight Sparkle: *nervous giggle* Sorry. . . I just couldn't wait to tell you that I've actually sent a letter to Cadance asking if she could spend the weekend with us.

(Y/N): Oh, that's it? Well, I mean I'm not saying that she'll definitely decline, but she's often busy at the Crystal Empire, right?

Twilight Sparkle: That's exactly what I'm afraid of though, I really hope that she doesn't decline my invitation because I never really got to spend any quality time with my sister-in-law and former foalsitter. Not since the wedding, not since the rediscovery of the Crystal Empire. . . and not since your birthday.

(Y/N): *sighs* Okay, I get it. Almost every time we see her, Equestria is at stake or something.

Twilight Sparkle: Exactly! I really just want one decently long hangout with Cadance without any problems.

(Y/N): Well that's for her to decide and we can't help it if she says no.

(Y/N) then glows his horn as he activates his reverse spell to clean up his dozen box of cupcakes that Twilight made him spill before levitating it back up.

(Y/N): Still, you're right. It would be nice to actually spend some time with Cadance without any trouble going on. If she does accept the invite, let me know. I've actually missed Cadance a little bit myself as well. Do you think I could join in on your quality time with your sister-in-law as well?

Twilight gets a beaming smile from that question.

Twilight Sparkle: You know what they say, "the more the merrier." Let's just pray to Celestia that she says yes! I've already got some things planned that we can all do!

(End of Flashback)

Twilight remembers that and she blushes at bit in embarrassment that she forgot that she told (Y/N) how excited she was of wanting Cadance to come over to visit. Now that she's accepted the invite, Twilight no longer has to worry about contemplating whether Cadance will accept her invitation to Ponyville.