Chapter 20: Equestria Games

Today was the Foal and Filly Fair where it's a small town celebration for the tiny foals who were born into Equestria. All of the kids were going to have fun in this fair as they are still young and proud of it. Lots of ponies were even contributing to the fair as they were all putting up festivities for the kids. Things were going to be well and great for everypony in this celebration. . .

Well, except for Rarity. She was given the task to make a puppet theater for the Foal and Filly Fair, however as much effort as she put in it along with her dragon assistant Spike, the puppeteer didn't like her model at all as he was very picky on what he wanted. This ended up crushing Rarity so hard that she started welling up into tears and racing back home.

At Carousel Boutique, Rarity was on her fainting couch bawling her eyes out with Spike just staring at the distraught unicorn.

Rarity: This is terrible, simply terrible!

She turns away from Spike and begins to cry.

Spike: So that puppeteer didn't like your exquisitely crafted best puppet theater in the history of puppet theaters puppet theater.

He does a quick count on his fingers to make sure he has come out right, then shrugs.

Spike: You can just contribute something else to the Foal and Filly Fair.

When the sobbing unicorn flips over to face him, her mascara has started to run.

Rarity: *sobbing* I suppose I could. . . Oh, forget it, Spike. I'd never have something finished in time!

She flops down, hooves over eyes, and whimpers a bit while bringing a container of ice cream and a spoon over to herself. Spike stares in mild disbelief as she begins to eat and a moment later she is up on her haunches and wiping her eyes.

Rarity: *chewing and sobbing* I wanted to leave my creative mark on the fair, and I failed. . . Miserably! And that makes me miserable!

Down she goes, face first on the couch and Spike's mind starting to work amid the piteous wails that come across loud and clear. He was trying to think of a solution around to this problem before an idea comes up in his head as he smiles.

Spike: (If anypony knows how to fix a problem with somepony like Rarity, it's definitely (Y/N). Hopefully, he's not too busy to help her out.)

Spike then runs out of the boutique leaving the unhappy fashionista to continue to cry.

Spike runs around the fair looking for the male alicorn as he had to get around some small groups of fillies that were with their parents. He looks around a bit harder putting his hand on his head to look even harder before he spots (Y/N) over at a section and he raises a confused eyebrow to what he saw next.

(Y/N) was apparently over inside of a water tank right above a plank sitting on his haunches and forelegs crossed with a bored look on his face as this contraption was the classic carnival water dunk machine that requires someone to throw a ball at a target and drop them into the water. Spike was just dumbfounded to see (Y/N) inside this before he walks up to the machine and waves at him to get his attention which worked.

Spike: (Y/N), I really need your help right now. Rarity is losing her creative mojo on things for the fair since somepony disapproved of her puppet theater and I came to you to see if you could help her out.

(Y/N) just stares at Spike from inside the tank before he raises a hoof to his ear clearly confused on what he said. Apparently, the acoustics inside of the water tank were soundproof.

(Y/N): *muffled* What?

Spike: What?

(Y/N): *muffled* What?!