Chapter 16: Maud Pie

This morning was a rather abrupt meeting for the everypony except Pinkie Pie as the rest of the six were called up to her home at Sugarcube Corner apparently for something rather urgent that she needed to tell her friends. Right now, they are all at the front door yawning from being up so early in the morning.

Applejack: Has anypony heard from Pinkie Pie since yesterday?

Varied negative responses came from the others.

Rainbow Dash: *yawns* I don't see what's so important we had to meet her here this early. Celestia hasn't even raised the sun yet!

Rainbow says this as she points over to a rooster sleeping heartily on a fence rail.

Twilight Sparkle: I hope everything's okay.

(Y/N): I'm sure it is, but you know Pinkie Pie. If there's something exciting on her plate that she wants to show her friends then she'll go through extreme lengths to do it.

(Y/N) then walks up to the door to knock on it a few times and his knocks are met with a great crash and clatter from inside before the door opens. Pinkie Pie stands here, attired in a white chef's toque and a pair of safety goggles. Mild irritation at being interrupted gives way to giddy relief as soon as she spots the group.

Pinkie Pie: Thank goodness you're all here! There's no time to lose!

Jumping out past the step, she throws first Fluttershy and then Rarity bodily into the building and steers Applejack in after them. Twilight and (Y/N) follow in walking after them, leaving Rainbow Dash hovering by herself. She starts to fly in, but the door slams shut just in time for her to bang into it face first.

Rainbow Dash: Hey- Whoa!

She is quickly yanked in by Pinkie who slams the door back shut.

Inside of the bakery, the six visitors are now cautiously crossing the space inside as a pile of small bluish-gray rocks rests near a window. A crunching noise from below stops them short.

Pinkie Pie: Careful!

They all have stepped into a scatter of multicolored fragments, and Twilight shakes a front hoof to dislodge the ones now stuck on it.

Twilight Sparkle: What is all of this?

(Y/N) levitates one of the fragments up and takes a whiff at them.

(Y/N): Smells and kind of looks like candy. . . Except they feel as hard as a rock.

Pinkie Pie: That's because it is, silly. My sister Maud's gonna be here soon, and I need your help taste-testing my rock candy recipes!

She stands before them, holding a bowlful of the brightly hued minerals and trying her best to mix them with the wire whisk in her teeth. (Y/N) kind of get's a wearing feeling from that name.

(Y/N): Maud? Your sister? Wait. . . Wasn't she that one sister that you that I couldn't see over at your house because she was at studying at school?

Pinkie rushes up to (Y/N) and hastily grabs his cheeks.

Pinkie Pie: That's right! Oh, I was so sad that you weren't able to see her, (Y/N). I love all of my sisters, but trust me, when you meet Maud, she'll be the best one out of all of them!

Applejack walks up to (Y/N) a little confused.

Applejack: You've met the rest of Pinkie's family? What are they like?

(Y/N): *blushes and laughs nervously* . . .You'll have to see that for yourself. (If two of Pinkie's sisters, plus her parents have unique personalities then I don't think I'll be too surprised to see what her sister Maud is like.)