Chapter 17: Leap of Faith

Today was a day off for the Apple family as they all decided to go to small lake to refresh out in the hot sun. Not only that, but Applejack decided to invite (Y/N) along as well which made the alicorn stallion happy that Applejack was thinking about him. He even brought his black Stetson hat that Applejack gave him for his birthday and currently they were all playfully splashing each other with water in the lake while Granny Smith was sitting in a rocking chair trying to catch a few Z's.

(Y/N): Thanks for allowing me to come hang out with you guys, Applejack. I couldn't pass a tiny little gathering like this on a hot sun.

Applejack: Heh, it's all good hun. Once I saw that we were off today, I couldn't stop thinkin' about havin' ya over again.

(Y/N): Aw, well I'm glad to know that you've been thinking about me.

(Y/N) says this before he pecks Applejack on the cheek. He then get's a mischievous look on his hoof as Applejack wasn't expecting (Y/N) to suddenly throw some water in her face making her fall back a bit before glaring at (Y/N) who was laughing. Applejack then get's the same mischievous look as well.

Applejack: Oh, so that's how it's gonna be, huh?

Applejack swims out of the water confusing (Y/N) for a second as she runs far back out on the surface before turning back around near the pond's direction. (Y/N)'s eyes widen from this and so did Big Mac's as they think they know what she's going to do.

(Y/N): Should I be worried right now?

Big Mac: Eeyup.

Big Mac swims away while (Y/N) just stays in place sweating a bit. Applejack paws the ground a couple of times before she charges straight for the water and jumps high into the air.

Applejack: Geronimo!!

Applejack got into a cannonball position as she was aiming right for (Y/N) who's ears lay flat. After a couple of seconds, she lands right on top of (Y/N) bringing both of them down into the water and creating a giant splash. They were deep down for a couple of seconds before the two of them emerge back up with their hats off. They picked up their hats from the water and they both see that they were both soaking wet.

Applejack and (Y/N) looked at each other before they both laugh about how much fun they were having with each other. Apple Bloom then swims up to the two.

Apple Bloom: Y'know, it's very relaxin' how all of us are here together playin' in the water but. . . I sure wish Granny could come inside too.

Apple Bloom says this as she eyes over to the elderly pony herself in her chair. She swims over to her grandmother and throws a tiny bit of water at her to face causing Granny to snap awake in an instant as she sputters and chokes her way to full consciousness.

Granny Smith: Who done that?

Apple Bloom: Sorry Granny, but I sure wish that you could come in and swim with us.

Granny Smith: Uh, sorry, dear. I just can't bring myself anywhere near that there swimmin' hole.

Apple Bloom: How come?

Granny Smith: Well, I wasn't always this way. . .

(Flashback)

The background becomes an old, sepia-toned, black-and-white silent film and after a few seconds it shows a Young Granny Smith in an old-style swimming outfit covered with white polka dots and her braided mane covered by a large cloth bathing cap that matches the suit.

Granny Smith: Time was, I was an aquapony all-star! In fact, I was the only Apple to ever come close to breaking the Equestria high-diving record!