Chapter 2.

Yu looks at Sam, confused. "I saw your report and some of the graded ones." Sam says. "I didn't mean to look into your work but I thought it was mine. I mean if you could, maybe teach me on how you do your report or something?"

Yu lifts a brow. "You're Sam right? Didn't you just finish your basketball game a while ago?" Yu changes the topic.

"Y-Yeah." Sam answers.

"Congratulations on your win. I'll see you around." Yu says and turns around once again.

Sam grabs onto Yu's wrist. "Don't change the topic. I need a yes a or a no from you."

Yu looks at Sam. "What will I get in return?"

Sam scans the boy's eyes as he thinks of something. Sam's eyes lit up with a smile. "I know, I'm about to join my team for barbeque, how you about you come along?"

"And you think food will be enough?" Yu asks. "I'll see you around, I have to study for the night."

Yu tries pulling his wrist away but Sam isn't letting go. "Please." Sam begs. "This is my last chance to stay in this school. If I fail one more time, I'll get expelled from school. I've been focusing so much on basketball that I'm flunking my exams."

Yu grits his teeth. He didn't want to be heartless but as he sees Sam's eyes he know that Sam is at the end of his ropes. "I don't recall that that is my problem?" Yu replies.

"That's why I'm asking for help." Sam grips onto Yu's wrists slightly tighter. "Please."

Yu glares at Sam when he still refuses to let him go. Yu takes a deep breath and exhales. "Fine. I'll help you but I'll ask you for a favor when something come to mind."

Sam's expression changes instantly, smiling widely. "Thank you!" He let go of the boy's wrist and put his arms around his shoulder. "Well, just because you accepted the offer, you're following me for barbeque tonight! My treat."

Yu could feel himself regretting his decision. He's never the sociable type but at this rate, he knows that Sam wouldn't take no for an answer. "Your treat or your coach's?" Yu asks.

Sam laughs nervously. "It's fine as long you're getting a free meal right?"

Yu groans as he follows where Sam drags him to. Yu didn't expect him to get dragged to the carpark and Sam unlocks his car with the remote in his pocket. "I'll drive you there." Sam says with a wide smile.

Yu nods as he got himself into the car. When Sam got into the car, he let out a sigh of relief. "Finally the day is almost done. Just one more hurdle to get through." He says to himself as he puts on his seatbelt.

Yu raised a brow at the boy. "What do you mean? Isn't this all for you?"

Sam starts his car and drives out of the lot. "Well, if you've been in a crowd for the whole day and for everyone to stare at you, you would enjoy your time being alone every once in a while." Same explains.

"Then how about we just go and grab dinner ourselves?" Yu suggests, he don't want to meet anyone else and he's a little tired after spending the whole day in school.

Sam snickers. "I wish I can." He points at his phone with his nose. "Look at my phone on the stand, I couldn't even play my songs with them spam calling me. If I didn't appear, they'd hunt me down. It wouldn't be the first time after all."

Yu takes a peek at Sam's phone and could see the large amount of miss calls from his friends. "Thirty miscall is a little bit of an over kill isn't it?" Yu comments. "Must have sucks to have those kinds of friends."

"As much as a pain in the ass they are, they're still my friends." Sam answers, taking a glance at Yu. He could see that Yu is already feeling uncomfortable after knowing that his friends are going to be there. "I know it's going to be awkward for you but I'm going to be there too."

"So this is your way of saying, if I suffer, you suffer too?" Yu lifts a brow at Sam.

Sam laughs at his comments. "They're nice people but they're rowdy people. If you're worried, don't worry. I'll protect my tutor with my life because technically my life in school is now in your hands."

Yu rolls his eyes and looks out the window. "Pretty dramatic if you ask me."

Sam smiles as he continues to drive as fast as he can, ignoring the spam calls from his phone. When they finally reached the barbeque place, Yu follows Sam closely behind him. There were more people than Yu expected. He was expecting just the basketball team but there were tons of girls as well, presumably Sam's fans.

"Make room for one more. My friend is joining us today." Sam says that sounds more of a command than a request.

Everyone look at them with a confuse glares and stares which makes Yu feels more than anxious. Sam's coach let out a sigh. "Get another table for the both of them, let them share one barbeque pot."

"Thanks coach." Sam nods towards his coach.

"You're lucky you won the competition. I wouldn't just do this for anyone." The coach replies.

"I'll keep that in mind." Sam answers. He takes a seat and invites Yu to eat opposite him. He notices that Yu's eyes are glued to the table and he could see that everyone wasn't happy that Sam brought another friend along.

Sam spots Richard's face with a sour stare. Richard signals Sam to take a look at his phone. Sam wasted no time to check his phone and could see spam texts from Richard. Sam got tired of looking at all of the spams on his phone and switched it off. He shows Richard his phone, pretending that his phone died.

Sam looks at Yu. He looks frozen in place. "You don't have to be nervous."

Yu finally lifts his gaze from the table. "I wouldn't have to be if your fans didn't look at me like I stole their parents away."

Sam grins at the boy. "You're probably going to hate me for this but I'm really glad that you're here, with you around, the girls wouldn't be so daring to talk to me. I guess it's nice to meet a stranger once in a while." Sam bounces his brows.

Yu grits his teeth then smirks at Sam, earning a confused look after seeing Yu's smile. "Well, from what i can tell here, you need me more than I need you. I can just leave you here and let your fans smother you with their love while I can sit home and relax."

"Fine." Sam argues. "What do you want in return now for tonight?"

"Two favours. I have yet to know what to do but wouldn't it be nice if you were told to stand on the table and dance for no apparent reason at all?" Yu threatens him.

"You wouldn't dare." Sam leans in.

"Want to try me?" Yu challenges back. "You know what. Since you already graciously brought me here with all your fans and friends, how about you cook for me? I'm feeling a little lazy."

"If that's your request then I am fine with it." Sam answers. Just Sam accepted Yu's request, their ingredients starts to flow onto their table. Sam waste no time putting them onto the grill. Everyone watches the both of them as Sam cooks the meat and puts it onto Yu's plate.

It was like the two of them are in a world of their own, they give no regards  to their surrounding as Yu starts to ask for specifics rareness in his meat and what he would love to eat next. Sam entertains the boy's request but finds it amusing on how his anxiousness breaks easily with a small banter.