Chapter 5

"Are you happy now?" Evan asks Richard after he puts down the phone with Sam.

Richard looks at Evan with an unsatisfied nod. "What's wrong now? Bothering me isn't enough and now you're sad after knowing where Sam is." Evan asks.

"I came to school early in the morning because Sam and I would always get breakfast together. Now I'm alone." Richard replies in a very small voice.

Evan looks around then at his phone. He sees Richard's big eyes and pouty lips and something weird just bubbles inside of him. Evan let out a small sigh. "Alright then. Would you like to get breakfast with me?" Evan asks.

Evan sees the boy's eyes lit up like a small kid who has gotten a piece of candy. "Yeah! You would go breakfast with me?"

Evan scratches the back of his head. "Yeah. I will."

"I want to eat spicy noodle just outside of school." Richard says with a smile.

Evan narrows his brows together. "You mean the one fifteen minutes from here, through the front gate?"

"Yeah. That one." Richard answers.

Evan looks at his watch. He has a lot of time to kill but the thought of walking over to the restaurant tire him out. He sees how excited Richard is and saying no would just make him sad. "Alright. Let's go there." Evan says with an exhausted breath.

Sam looks around the house as Yu clean up the dishes. "Hey, do you have any spare notebooks to spare where I can bring to class?" Sam asks.

"It's in the drawer by my bed. There's one there if I'm not wrong." Yu yells as he answers Sam's question.

Sam nods and goes into Yu's room and opens up the drawer that Yu mention. Sam's heart drops at the sight of the gun. Sam didn't know what to do but stare at it. There were a lot of questions running through Sam's head.

"Did you find the notebook?" Yu yells from the kitchen.

"Y-Yeah." Sam answers. He sees a couple of notebook under the gun and grabs one of it. He quickly close the drawer and got out of the room.

Yu wipes his hands on his pants as he walks over to Sam. "Are you okay? You look like you saw a ghost." Yu looks behind Sam. "If I recall correctly, I live alone."

"Nothing. The thought of getting expelled just scares me that's all." Sam lies.

"Talking about that, show me your report. I'll check them for you. We do still have quite a while to kill before you have to get to class." Yu asks as he points to Sam's bag by the couch. Sam nods as did as what Yu asks for.

Sam pushes the thought of that gun to the back of the head and focus on the things that are important to him. He takes out his file and sits on the couch. Yu joins beside him and takes the file, flipping through it.

Sam examines Yu's face for anything that could give him any hints about his work. Yu widens his eyes and let out along breath. "Wow... Your work is..." Yu drags off.

"My work is?" Sam asks.

"Your work feels like a child did it." Yu answers honestly. "What do you learn in class?"

"I don't know. I just put in everything I know and whatever I find on the internet." Sam answers. "Is it really that bad?"

"You've seen my standard and when I compared it with yours, it is day and night." Yu explains. "You don't have detailed information. I don't even know if your information is real, there are no references and I can tell that you only went to their website for information and not search other sources for it."