Chapter 8

"So how's the food?" Ray asks as he approaches the table. "Do you guys need any more drinks?"

"I asked for liquor." Richard answers.

"Tian is taking them right now. You're really impatient aren't you?" Ray comments. He grabs another chair and joins the four boys.

"Go away, Ray. I don't need you to disturb our time." Sam says as he playfully pushes Ray away. Sam knows that Ray has no filter to his words and it is going to be hard for him to not get exposed by Ray with all his little secrets.

"You know him?" Evan asks. "I didn't take it that you guys would know each other."

Richard straightens his back, surprised with Evan's question. "He's Sam's cousin. I thought you would know that."

Evan pinches Richard's cheeks. "How am I supposed to know that when I just met you this morning?" Richard smacks Evan's hand away and pouts.

Sam sigh. "Yes, this is Ray. My cousin."

Yu turns his attention to Ray. "You own this bar?"

"Yeah. It's only been a couple of years but the work is more relax than my previous job." Ray answers. Before Yu could ask what was his previous job, Ray answers his question. "Well, I used to work as a doctor in Sam's school. You won't believe the things Sam did when he was younger."

"Ray. I will give you a warning." Sam warns.

Yu laughs. "I'd love to hear about it."

Chih Tian comes over with a tray of drinks, more than the number of people on the table. "Tian! Just how much did you make?" Ray scolds him.

Chih Tian puts the drinks on the table and smiles at all of them. "Well, Ray. The very kind sir here." Chih Tian points at Evan. "He said he would pay for every drink as long as Richard is happy. So I'm just putting up a customer's order."

Ray's eyes widen then looks at Evan. "You must be balling for Richard."

"No worries, I'll cover half of the payment." Yu says. "I rather us have a good time than a bad one because we lack the alcohol."

Chih Tian grabs another seat from another table and joins them. "Well, technically the bar is close but you can let us know what you need. I bet Ray will be more than happy to help you."

Ray glares at Chih Tian. "You're still going to grab it though."

"I'll chip in for the drinks as well." Sam says.

"I won't." Richard reaches for one of the drinks and start sipping on it. Richard eyes widen and looks at Evan with big eyes.  "Evan! This is delicious." He offers the other boy. Evan leans forward and puts the straw into his mouth.

Sam watches intently as that happens. He takes a random drink and sips of it. Sam's face puckers from the sourness. "What is this? The alcohol is so strong and its damn sour."

Yu laughs at him. "I take it as it's really bad."

Ray looks at Chih Tian, the smaller boy is laughing uncontrollably.  "Sorry. I did that on purpose. I thought it'd be nice to tricks on you."

Ray playfully smacks the boy's head. "I told you not to waste my inventory."

Chih Tian rubs his head and smiles at Ray. "I'll make up for it. You don't have to worry."

Ray sighs and looks at all of the drinks. "Well, you guys go ahead and finish up the drinks. I'm going to clean up the kitchen. You guys can leave it as it is. Tian will clean everything up."  He says as he stands up from his chair.

"Where are you going?" Sam asks.

"I just told you, clean up the kitchen then most probably head to my room and take a rest." He answers.

Chih Tian got up from his chair. "I'll join you. I kinda make a big mess in the kitchen." Ray glares at Chih Tian before grabbing him by the wrist and dragging him to the kitchen. The four boys watches as Ray drag Chih Tian away.

"I'm not drinking anymore. I'm driving." Evan informs.

Yu takes the remaining drink and splits them between Richard and Sam. "Since we're paying, it's only fair that you guys finish up the drinks."

"No no no no. I am not going to get drunk again especially not when I'm with you." Sam argues.

"Is this how you treat someone who buys your drinks?" Yu asks.

Richard starts chugging down drinks after drinks, earning everyone's attention. Evan's mouth nearly gap open after seeing it. "Richard! Are you crazy?" Evan asks while the boy chugs down another drink.

Sam knows that Richard is nervous hence the chugging. Sam shakes his head. "I'm not going to take care of him." Sam looks at Evan, hoping he would get the hint.

"Don't talk about that when you have your own to drink." Evan points at the cups in front of Sam. "It's okay. I'm sure this would be the second time Yu will take care of you while you're drunk."

Sam looks surprise at Evan's words and turn to look at Yu. "Not tonight."

Yu takes one of the cup and starts chugging down the drink. The alcohol is so strong that after yu puts down the glass, he winces at the taste. "Alright. The rest is yours." Yu says as he feel the alcohol going straight to his head.

Sam takes a deep breath and chugs glass by glass. Evan whistles as he watches Sam drinks down the alcohol. Sam feels bad not finishing up the drinks that Yu bought and he's not sure if he's even going to be awake after this.

Sam turns to Richard who has his head on the table. He turns to Yu who's face is really red. "Are you drunk with just that?" Sam asks.

"No." Yu answers sluggishly.

"Alright. You don't have to finish that. Let's just get out of here. I'll send the both of you home." Evan says as he got up from the chair. They didn't say anything but just follows Evan's lead. They were all too light headed to argue. Evan picks Richard up and puts him over his shoulder.

When they got into the car, Richard was put in the front while Yu and Sam sits at the back. Sam is still aware of his surrounding but he could see that Yu is dozing off. He now knows that Yu isn't good with his alcohol. Yu dozes off and slides to the side, resting his head on Sam's shoulder.

Evan looks at the rear view mirror, looking at Sam. "Do you mind if you stay over at Yu's? I think it's better if you watch over him." Evan asks.

"Y-Yeah. I don't mind." Sam answers.

"Then what about Richard? Do you have his address?" Evan asks.

Sam chuckles. "I think you should bring him home. Trust me on this one."

Evan lifts a brow at Sam through the rear view mirror but only got a wiggled brow from Sam. It didn't take long for Yu and Sam to reach Yu's house. Sam wanted to carry Yu out of the car but Yu wakes up by himself and rubs his eyes. He looks around and noticed that he's home.

Evan turns around and looks at Yu. "Make sure you clean yourself up before going to bed."

It takes a while for Yu to get Evan's hint about the gun underneath his blazer. "Right. I will." He replies. Sam and Yu got out of the car and Yu sways as he walks towards the door and open it. The first thing that Yu did was head to his room and removes the gun from the holster and putting it into the drawer.

Sam knocks onto the door and watch Yu's back as he stands before the drawer. Sam didn't know if it was the alcohol but his lips moved before his brain. "Why do you have a gun with you?" Sam asks.

Yu's light headedness immediately disappears with Sam's questions. He turns around and pushes the drawer close. "What gun?" Yu asks.