I will not let myself be the victim

"...Okay," Dr. Kingsley says as he comes back up with a cotton swab, he places it in a tube and puts it away in a box. "So you do have mild tearing on the outside labia and irritation on the inside walls, but I will give you antibiotics and some Dermoplast spray that will help with the pain. Every time you go to the bathroom use a douche, do not apply any pressure on it and only use cotton." he says as he writes down my prescription on paper.

Harry had drove me to the hospital after our moment earlier today. Apparently you only have 72 hours to test for DNA. "How long is the recovery?" I ask. He looks up and walks towards me with the paper.

"Well that really depends on you. You take care of that like I told you to you might see a speedy recovery. If you don't, it'll only get infected and that'll be hell for you." I nod and lower down the ugly hospital cloth I had draped over me. "Did you file a police report already?" He asks and I nod.

"Harry filed one for me, but the guy isn't anywhere to be found as of yet."

Dr. Kingsley nods in comprehension. "Well hopefully after this rape kit we have enough evidence to catch him. When they have a match his face is going to be plastered on every billboard, no matter where he goes." I was thankful for that. What I wasn't thankful for though was the fact that I didn't say a word to him when he would hit on me.

I thought it was clear that him and I could never be a thing. I mean it was kind of a given. I don't think that I ever showed any interest in him whatsoever and if it seemed that way, it was probably me just laughing at one of his stupid ass jokes that wasn't even funny but you laugh anyway because it's your boss.

I hate men.

I know that I shouldn't but right now I do. I thank Dr. Kingsley and exit the room to see Harry pacing outside the room and he visibly relaxes when he sees me. "Hey, everything okay?" He comes forward, his hands go to my face and cups my cheeks softly, my hands grab his elbows at this unexpected affection. He seems to catch what he is doing and removes his hands, stuffing them inside the pocket of his jeans nervously. "What'd he say?"

"Yeah, just some mild tearing." I dismiss him. I was still hurting but I could bare it now. It was currently nine in the evening, we had arrived her at six. "I'm just kind of hungry right now and I really want to sleep."

"Great, we can go grab some food and then we can go back to mine." I look to him. "What?"

"I don't know," I say as I stare at him. "You're just so...different." This was definitely not the same Harry I met. He was more sweet and considerate than the normal one.

"Well I mean I did say I would take care of you in the contract." He explains and I look away. Oh, of course. The contract. "You're my responsibility right now."

Right now. Of course right now. The contract does still expire in a month. To think about it, The month is almost up. "You know you can still drop me off home," I say. "I don't want to take your bed again." Harry shakes his head.

"I'm not leaving you alone, you're staying in my sight until you're much better." He says and I let it go. We end up going to this small restaurant, not a fancy one this time and I was relieved. I wasn't feeling so fabulous in jeans a tank top and doc martens boots. That night, I learned that Harry disliked greasy food but he ate it anyways. He did however steal my fries and I couldn't help but think how fast we moved since we've known each other two months now. That's the exact time I moved here at New York. He was literally the first person I met and he didn't even live in the building.

"So since you're being so nice, I thought that maybe you can finally start talking." I pry as I finish my fry. Harry scrunches his eyebrows at me.