You can throw your ones at me and other things

H.

"Someone looks tense." The clinking of cutlery and chatter by the people around the restaurant consume me. I had absolutely no interest of being here. In fact, I actually had no interest of being anywhere for all that matter. But they wouldn't stop until we met. Normally I wasn't a push over, but being rather stressed over the past week has led me to this. It has been a week since Beau left, a week since I talked to her last and a week since we last spoke. Where she is was beyond me, I stopped calling around the third day.

Because that's the kind of person that I am. A quitter.

I look up from my dinner and placed my elbow on the table, my hand going up to my face to look at the eyes on me. My fingers rub at my temple. "I think what Colson means is that you look like shit." Nes adds and I dismiss the stupid joke that earned her chuckles from the group but Darien.

"Oh, leave him alone." She says and turns to me. "Have you talked to Beau?" Just the person I was thinking of.

"No." I reply short and drink my water before setting it down. Come to think of it, today was her birthday. A part of me hated the absolute fact that she wasn't here for that. But regardless, I did sent a gift to her doorstep with a very questionable note. She's bound to go home sometime, her clothes and belongings are there.

Darien gives me a look of pity. "Maybe you scared her off," Nes comments and I sit back on my chair. "You can be a bit... intense. I mean not to me but to her surely." She gives me a suggestive look as she runs her tongue across her bottom lip. To be fair, I had absolutely no idea on why she left so for all I knew, Nes could be right. Maybe I scared her off with the way I coddled her. But that was only because I pitied what she went through. I thought that by acting like she was a priority is what she would've wanted. Beau is pretty independent so maybe that could be why.

I sigh. "I don't know, can we not talk about her?" I say and the table goes silent before Colson looks up.

"Hey, you should come to Rue's Blues with us." Darien and the girls give him a roll of their eyes, except for Nes who looks like she just got offered a trip to fucking Disney Land.

"Oh, can I go?" She whines and Colson looks to her.

"Sure, I mean I don't think you'll like it." That doesn't sound right. "Wait, never mind I forgot who you were for a second." He chuckles.

"As fun as that sounds I'd rather go home." I say. I don't have the time to be at a strip club now more than ever. Well I do have the time, I just don't want to.

"Oh come on, Harry! Don't be a party pooper." I roll my eyes at her choice of wording. Almost reminded me of Beau's 'easy lemon squeezy'. My phone had absolutely no notification from her, her things were still at my apartment and her apartment remained vacant with her belongings still inside. It's like she vanished out of thin air and the last I remember was waking up at two am and finding her awake.

"I can't sleep."

"Oh, well maybe try."

"Okay."

What a fucking idiot.

"Yeah, it'll be fun." Colson says. "It'll get your mind off whatever it is you're thinking about." I shake my head. "We're going after dinner, what else are you going to do?" He's only suggesting because Alec is gone to visit family and won't be back anytime soon.