Wine & guest

On Thursday, I woke up thirty minutes too early for work to avoid traffic, Thankfully I didn't get cursed with traffic that morning so I had time to spare. I stopped by this coffee shop near my work, bought a cup of coffee and a bagel, ate it outside, watched the sunrise and glint off the various buildings before I actually drove to work.

Work went by smoothly, we held a small audition for some new underground models who want to be a part of the embassy and get into modeling, denied and accepted a few, I did a few transcripts for the new magazine for next month, went to lunch, came back and finished my remaining work and left for home.

I spent my time cleaning and taking out my clothes from the boxes, kitchen stuff and hung up art pieces up on the wall. Almost every wall was brick though, so it was a bit hard to find a correct spot for my frames. Thanks to that, a few neighbors complained about my excessive noise to which I blatantly blamed it on a group of teenagers that live in the apartment in front of mine. I'd feel guilty if they didn't play loud music every single night, but no one seems to complain about that.

Anyways, once I finished cleaning and moving in, I watched a series on my laptop, went to bed, woke up the next morning, showered and made it to work with a coffee in my hand. Now, it was currently one p.m and I was currently working on a column when Mr. Roberts calls me in from the meeting room.

I look up. "Yes?" I say with a look that clearly made it seem that I was caught off guard. He points at me and curls his finger twice, signaling I go.

"In trouble, are we?" Travis, one of the boys from my side of the office jeers while stifling a laugh which earned him a shove from Lea.

"Grow up." She groans, turns to me and gives me a thumbs up as I walk inside the meeting room. Inside, there were people passing papers around aimlessly.

"Beau," he says. "Since this is officially your second week here, I want you to join us in the studio today." Mr. Roberts says, leaving me no chance to speak as he nods his head towards the door. "Let's go." It takes me a second to react, and I follow everyone out the door, Lea joining me with a folder in her hands.

"Look at you, studio already? You must be good at your job." She remarks, a smile on her lips. The studio was where they brought in all the models, the room was filled with a plain white background, photographers, cameras and a lot of paperwork. When we join the room, there's already models in their clothes being photographed in different poses, Mr. Roberts comes to us.

"As you can clearly see, this is where the magic happens outside of the office," he says. "We need to think big here, we need ideas, anything you've got. We need to get this magazine out there. Get to work." His raucous voice rings throughout the room and he walks away towards the photographer who called him over.

"So really, what he meant for you is observe and if you have anything you want to add, do it." Lea turns to me and I nod.

"Well, first of all: the room is too quiet, and it's kind of hot in here. No wonder they have to redo their makeup." I say in more of a joking manner and Lea chuckles but writes it down on her notebook. "Also, has he considered reaching out to people with a higher status to further promote the brand?"

"Well, not very many celebrities want to have a small unknown magazine post their scandals or horoscope on their pages." Lea retorts.

"Well, maybe not celebrities. We are in the city of businesses and business people, why not get some investors or someone from a well known enterprise to do an interview and be the cover instead of just underground models?" I say and Lea does a pensive face.

"You know, you might be getting somewhere," she hums. "Exactly who, though?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know, maybe we could send out emails to people who are willing to do so." I uttered to which Lea nods. The rest of the day, we spent it in the studio, we ran the ideas by Mr. Roberts who he thought was a great idea. Of course, since I was the one who came up with it, I was in charge of hopefully finding somebody who was willing to be a part of the magazine.