Apartment 365

"...That's really great, Beau." William, my boyfriend says to me over the phone. He sounded busy, considering the amount of times I hear him move around papers on his desk. William is a professor at the university of Cambridge, meaning he's away in London for long and doesn't come down here until the semester ends. I don't get to see much of him, but we make our relationship work.

"I take it you're busy?" I say, hearing him move around.

"I am, I'm sorry." He apologizes. "It's very stressful over here. But hey, I can't wait to see you this Friday, alright?"

"Of course," I say with a smile over the phone. "I'll see you here, you can check out my new place." Once he agrees, we bid out goodbye's and hang up the phone. It was a Wednesday night and I was currently stuck in my apartment. Considering it had only been a week since I moved in, it was obvious that I wouldn't have much friends by now, sure I've got work acquaintances, but we're not past the small talk at work just yet.

I look around my fridge, my guts had been crying all day and I had just remembered that I had lunch early today at work and didn't eat anything else the whole day. I was much too lazy to cook my own food, not to mention I was an awful cook, so ordering myself a pizza seemed more like the route for me. When that is done, I sit back and relax on my couch, my laptop on my lap as I was about to continue watching my current series, but I am stopped when there is a knock on my door.

I know it's too early for it to be the pizza delivery boy, since the pizza joint is twenty minutes away from here, so I peek through the peephole to see a blond woman talking to someone down the hall before they turn back around to face my door and knock again. I make sure I am presentable before I open. "Hi," she greets, a grin on her lips.

"Hi." I uttered back, she must notice my look of confusion because she quickly extends her hand out to me in a polite manner, I gladly shake it.

"Hi, sorry, I know this might be weird for you," she says. "I'm Darien, from apartment 365—I noticed you moving in last week, sorry I didn't come introduce myself sooner." She apologizes and I wave her off.

"Oh, don't worry," I wave her off. "I'm Beau."

"Well, Beau, I was currently on my way to my friends new restaurant, it just opened up a few days ago, you should come with!" She suggests, a hopeful smile on her lips. So that explains the fancy red cocktail dress she was currently wearing, I felt so under-dressed just being next to her. "You know, as a late welcome to the building!" She added.

"You know what? I would love to, but I just ordered a pizza." I admitted embarrassingly. "Thank you though."

Darien gives me a grin with a sheer chuckle. "Oh, no. I am determined to have at least one friend in this stupid building, you're coming with me." She insists. "I know we can be really good friends, you're in New York, you need friends here."

She was right. Just last night I was complaining to William the fact that I didn't have anyone else to talk to here other than a few people at work, and how lonely I was at home. It'd be stupid to pass up an opportunity to make some friends, not to mention that we live in the same building so that's a bonus.

"Um," I look down to my attire. I was in skinny jeans, a white spaghetti strap shirt and flats. "I don't really have anything...formal to wear." I still had half of my clothes packed in my boxes because I was too lazy to take them out.

Darien waves me off. "You look good like that, here." She says, coming closer to me, close enough to where I can smell her florar rich perfume which made me stiffen and hold my breath so that she doesn't think I'm smelling her. She was so close while she took my hair out of its bun that her left breast accidentally touched mine. When she backed away, she held a smile and I let out a breath. "Now you are good to go." She says, grabbing my hand to take me away. I make sure to close the door behind me and lock it before she pulls us into the elevator.