Life Ruined By A Letter

A single tear fell down my face. This can't be happening. This isn't right. My dad would never do this. He cares too much. But alas he has. The proof was right there in front of me, on that piece of paper.

Dear Luna,

I'm sure you are wondering, lets put it this way 'What the hell I am doing!'. Yeah, we write to each other way too often, but I can ensure you that this time is extremely more important than the others.

At this point I am scared, my dad never usually writes so seriously and professionally.

I don't know any way to tell you this in a calm and reassuring sense, so I'm just gonna spit it out. I'm moving to Ireland, to get married. I know it's alot to take in, but I think this time I have really found the one and this is the right decision. Please ask me as many questions as you want. As I don't know how easy it will be to write because I have more priorities now. Therefore the next reply you receive, will most likely be the last letter you will get in a long time.

No way my father isn't saying this. This is not like him.

So for now it is goodbye, but not forever. I assure you, I still love you with all my heart. I should also let you know that you have a sister, two years younger than you. Now this may sound like I cheated on your mother, but we have divorced legally with papers and everything. So I did not. Plus your mother deserved it anyways. By the way, good luck with her.

Well I do agree with that statement. I've got to admit thats the only thing I agree with in this letter.

So this is the end of my letter to you. I want you to remember that I still love you. Bye Love, the one and only, Jonathan Fillet.

I was so angry at the last part of that letter. He usually writes "love Dad", or "love you always" but this time he wrote "Jonathan". Not dad, but Jonathan Fillet. He even included his last name, implying that I don't even know him and he is some executive person. I screamed into a cushion on the lounge and I could hear Susan's evil laugh from the kitchen, but that was the least of my worries. Now, I only have Bruno.

I fold the paper back a little further.

P.S. I'm never coming back.

I run up to my room, so Susan wouldn't see how weak I was. I hated when people saw me cry, when I'm at my weakest. I run up to the attic to find comfort in Bruno and I just cry. I let 16 years worth of tears pour from my eyes. I mean he only used to live in the state next to mine so I still felt relatively close to him but now... I take a deep breath still trying to convince myself. Now he is half way across the world and never coming back. I looked up to my dad for inspiration, I remember, when I was little, wanting to be exactly like him, personality and all. Now that has all changed, in a piece of paper with pen ink on it. What a positive note he left it on. "P.S I'm never coming back". Even though I'm torn, I never lose my sarcasm and sense of humour. I softly giggle under my breath, while wiping the tears from my eyes. Not exactly sure why I'm laughing. Laughing is like my drug. When I laugh everything is okay and I can sit back and relax. It always has been and always will. It's one of the only things that won't change, and that I like about myself. I hate it when I cry. It makes me feel so weak and inferior. I stop myself from crying by laughing some more. And unsurprisingly it works.

My life is basically just one problem after another. I mean isn’t my life hard enough already? Haven’t I already been put through enough? How many more problems can life come up with to ruin me and tear me apart? I refuse to have any aims or goal until my life starts to settle down and everything is right in place. I really want to stick to this idea because once I say or do something, I don’t back down or change my mind. But now I realise I might have to, because I must come up with a plan to stop my dad from moving and getting married. Not only that, but I also have to think of something that will make him stay in touch with me. He has been a massive part and has played a massive role in my life. He still does. And I can’t just lose contact with him like that. It can’t happen. It won’t happen.

I sit down at my desk in my room with a piece of paper and a pen. I was going to write a letter to him. Tell him everything. My opinions on his choices, how I feel towards him now, what I want to happen, everything. I was usually fine with writing to him because it was just like we were in light conversation. But this time it was different because it was serious and this kind of stuff I wasn’t particularly good at. 

I sit for hours thinking, but no thoughts enter my mind. It’s hopeless. Even if I did write to him, I’m sure he wouldn’t write a reply. So I simply write “bye”. No dear dad or love Luna, just “bye”. What else could I do, when he has betrayed me? I thought I could rely on him, and now, I feel lost. I run out the house to the post box and slide the piece of paper in the slot. Now I get on with my life with one less person. No complaints. I should be used to it anyways. 

- - - - - - - - - - 

A new chapter. Yay! Hope you are all enjoying the story so far. If you have any ideas just inbox me. Thanks. Sorry for any silly mistakes.

Until next time, over and out! BYES >_<

Comment-Share-Vote-&Whatnot