Life Ruined By Pain

Back to Luna's POV

"Lunch is up." I hear Bryce call.

"About time." I mumble to myself, under my breath. It had been forever.

"What have we got?" I hear Carter join in.

"Chicken." Bryce calls again. At this he looks directly at me.

"Uh." I roll my eyes, completely ignoring him. He really doesn't know how to let things go, and he has to grow up. Seriously, he made that joke just yesterday. Jokes don't last forever. They get really old, really fast.

I walk over to him and kick him in the shin. I know it was probably not the best choice, but someone has to teach him a lesson, right? He immediately clutched his leg and brought it to his chest. I just walked away with a smile while he shot me a death glare. I walk over to Ryder and elbow him in the chest.

"Ever considered murdering someone?" He stares at me, contemplating before answering my question.

"Well, you are my first target if I did." Nice Bryce. Nice.

"Excuse me. Was I talking to you?," he opens his mouth to speak but I interrupt, "No? Yeah that's what I thought."

"Well, if you gave me a chance to speak." He quickly cuts in.

"Just shut up and drop it, Bryce. It's Luna you're dealing with. You'll never win, she doesn't give up." Carter jumps in. Finally someone agrees with me. Bryce starts to go bright red.

"What's wrong? You humiliated by little Luna?" I mock. He runs towards me. That must have really got to him. At this Bruno is at my feet. Always defending his owner even though he is only a little pug.

Before I have a chance to move he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. I remember when Ryder did this to me when I first met the guys. It felt nothing like this. Personally, Bryce is too rough for my taste. Ryder is more my style, calm and sweet, but defensive when it comes down to it. But, I guess they also had different intentions and acted according to them.

* * *

It all happens so fast.

I get a final glimpse at Ryder's worried face. If he's worried and isn't acting, it can't be good. In the distance I hear all the guys shouting at Bryce. But the voices becomes merely a sound in the distance as my ears try to process them. Then, it happens. He lifts me off his shoulders and uses my body weight against me to throw myself onto the concrete. He repeats the action several times as if I am a sack of potatoes. I mean I can see that I may have pushed it too far but compared to what he did in the first place, what I did was nothing.

"BRYCE!!!" Ryder yells even louder. This time I can only hear his voice, and the sounds of Bruno's paws running.

Bryce pauses and then runs, dragging me along the floor. I try not to think about what's going on right now. Mostly, because I can hardly concentrate.

"Stay strong, Luna." I whisper to myself as I close my eyes. I attempt to show no signs of pain as I quietly wince after each rock cuts into my skin.

We stop again. He throws me into the wall. I can faintly hear fast footsteps, I'm guessing it is the guys. I know they want to help, but I like being independent most of the time. Any sane person would want help in this situation but not me.

"LOOK AT IT LUNA, LOOK AT IT!" Bryce demands. It sounds as if he's been crying.

"YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE LUNA!" He starts to punch me in the stomach. I swear, if I haven't had any internal bleeding right now, I must be extremely lucky. This might have been what my luck has been saved for. I still hear Bruno powerfully barking near the sounds of the footsteps. He has been through almost everything with me.

"Please, Bryce, stop." I whisper in his ear once it gets close enough.

"Stop? Is that what you want? Fine. But one last kick for luck." Almost immediately his foot connects with my head knocking me sideways, to the floor. I double over in pain and make an attempt to make myself as small as possible. To my surprise, he thens crouches down beside me.

"GO HOME, RYDER! SHE DOESN'T NEED YOU ALL THE TIME." Although he aimed this at Ryder, he shouted right next to my ear. I look up to Ryder and nod my head, telling him to go. Thank God Bruno follows him. It's good that he has gotten used to these people I know call family...well most of them.

"You don't understand, Luna. And you never will." Bryce brings his voice down to almost a whisper, almost as if he is talking to himself. I stay quiet, allowing him to continue. "I knew it would never work, me and you, but I thought I could try and maybe there could be chance, but I didn't know it would effect me so much in this way."

I reply quietly but firm, trying not to choke on my tears, "The only thing I don't understand is why you would EVER consider beating up a girl, especially the one you love". He freezes, emotionless. It is obvious that my words have made him realise what he has done. "Maybe, you should put yourself in my position. You've dealt with nothing compared to me. You want to know why Ryder and I have a connection. He understands me. If you think I'm going to fall for someone who treats me like trash, you're one hell of an idiot. Honestly, that's the last thing I want. In fact, you've basically made things worse for yourself. I suggest, next time you meet someone, give up, because believe it from me," I lift my head and direct my voice in his ear, "You have absolutely no chance!" I take a big deep breath and wait for him to continue to bash me. Instead, he starts to walk away. But then his face lit up.

"You know what, you're right." Bryce confesses, turning back around to face me.

"Of course I'm right." I admit.

"I knew you would say that." He walks towards me with a giant smile on his face. He picks me up over his shoulders and runs. I try not to moan in pain so I just dig my nails into my hands.

"Bryce please. I know you're not taking me back home. It's what you needed to hear."

"Oh I know. Don't worry, you'll find out soon enough." I did not want to hear that. I start to panic as I sweat and wonder what on Earth is going through his mind.

* * *

He slaps me in the face. I must have passed out.

"You'd be glad to know that we've finally arrive.

"Well thanks. I guess I passed out from the loss of blood I can't control."

"Whatever. Just shut up, you'll thank me later. Also, you might want to look up." I do what he says and look up. I see the large tree that is located opposite my house, well old house now. I didn't want to turn around.

"You are the worst creature ever to live on this Earth."

"I know but there is nothing you can do about it."

"Sweetie, darling!" The voice belonged to the one who I'd rather not name, Susan. Maybe Bryce isn't the worst creature on Earth after all. I smile back at her. How dare Bryce take me back to this monster! I don't miss her or this place. "Thanks Bryce for bringing back my baby. Luna and I have so much to catch up on."

"Never call me your's." I say sternly. She completely ignores my comment.

"Bryce, Luna come in."

"My pleasure." Bryce replies.

- - - - - - - - -

Really can't be bothered to write additional notes so...

Sorry for any silly mistakes. Until next time, over and out. BYES >_<

Like-Comment-Share&Whatnot