Life Ruined By Memories

I go to the ‘bed’ that Elliot assigned me and lay down. Bruno joins me and lays on my stomach. I just stare at the ceiling and concentrate on my breathing. I think about where I can go from here. I pat Bruno and he starts to fall asleep. Then I realise I can't control my future. From now on it will just be me and luck. Two things that have never been in the same sentence until now. So I just have to wait. I guess its like death. We can't avoid it, but we can control aspects around it. Which means I will eventually experience the inevitable, but I can tweak it so the result with lengthen in time. A long sigh escapes my mouth. This is going to be one long line of disappointment.

I pick up Bruno softly, trying not to wake him, and roll on my side. On this side of the room I see a cracked window. However, though it is only darkness. Darkness that lingers for infinite miles. Now would be the time to use my accurate estimating skills. It is 2:45 am. I reach for my bag, but It's too far away and I'm just too restless. I guess that's as far as I will get in the game today. I roll on my other side. This time I see a white wall with cobwebs, dust and ... What's that on the floor over there? Okay Luna, this time you’re getting up. 1...2...3 I push myself up with my arms. Once I reach a standing position my vision goes black and I can't see anything for a good 5 seconds. Note to self, take your time while standing up. I wobble towards the shiny object. The closer I get the shinier it gets. It's like it actually wants me to pick it up and look at it.

When I reach the corner, I stare down at the object. It's some sort of watch. I open my hand and bend down, to pick it up. In my hands it feels like happiness and memories. If that's even possible. Hanging off the leather is some sort of locket with a leaf on it. I brush my hands over it. The dust disappears with my touch. It's beautiful. Slowly, I open the locket. This is the moment of truth. At first, I can't believe my eyes. It's Ryder with what I think must be his family and a massive smile on his face. Aww he's adorable. His teeth are pearly white and his hair is gelled to perfection. For about 5 or 6 he looks well taken care of. I would even consider him to be over taken care of. In fact, he looks rich. Why would someone want to leave a life like this.

At this point in time I start to remember when I had a happy family. We were close and the only thing in the world that mattered was us as a family. I was about 4. I can remember going to the park. Our well known neighbours would let us take their Labrador, Tyreece to the park every once in a while. We were the family that everyone could trust and love. We were the family that everyone adored. We were the family that people despised us for. We were a family!

The tears were welling up in my eyes and I slide down the wall into a seating position. But of course our dream family didn't last long. It was my 5th birthday. Everything was going perfect. I had opened my gifts, which mostly consisted of chocolate. Boy did I love my chocolate. I had given everyone a hug. And we had taken our yearly photo. It was about 12 o'clock and we were setting the table. But something was different. Susan wasn't helping. Instead she was texting. I thought to myself, maybe she is texting the mail man, telling him to come early or maybe she is sending her self a text as a reminder. I was good back then at thinking positive. It was something my parents had taught me. So, because of my optimism, I ignored Susan's rude behaviour.

"Daddy, where does snow come from?" It was also snowing that day. But the thing was, I could see my father wasn't listening to me. He was engaged with my mum's actions. "Dad! Come on tell me." I was impatient even then. This time he shook his head and turned to directly face me.

"Let's just say, it is magic. Magic that comes from happiness and all things good." My dad had a way of speaking to me, where he would only use positive language. Except this time, the words struggled out of his mouth. I think Susan realised this and didn't want to disappoint me.

"So if you stay a good girl, it will snow. It is like a reward." That liar. She basically told me that for every good thing I do, I will get a reward. How could I ever believe her. Well Luna, you did and now look who you've ended up. I scream. I bet she wouldn't have even dreamed that she would be my worst disappointment. Surprise, surprise! She's lucky because she isn't. That son of a .... I'm not even going to think about his name or importance in my life. Ahhhhhh! I just can't believe he left me. I hate him, I hate him, I HATE HIM! Susan's lucky. I have done enough hating of her that it can’t be expressed anymore.

Anyways, after dad and I had finished setting up the table. We sat down. We were eating a meal of only meat. Because that was my favourite meal when I was a kid. If you can even consider it a meal. I was in such concentration I didn't even realise Susan had left the table to call someone on the phone. But dad was furious. He stood up and yelled at her. Susan stopped in her path and slowly turned around. Despite me being 5 and sitting right there, she held up ‘the finger’. My dad turned around. He kissed me, hugged me, told me he still loved me and then left. That was the last time I ever saw him and the last time we were ever a family.

Of course when I was that age I didn't understand and didn't even realise that they had been fighting for a long while. I was too distracted by my own life. If I noticed maybe I could have changed things, maybe we could still have a happy family. But I knew I couldn’t blame myself otherwise I would go crazy. I left that thought alone a long time ago.

I guess one thing or another has to take a turn for the worst in your life. Whether it be something as small as the bread being mouldy or something as big as a divorce that tears your entire family apart. I just try to convince myself that things will eventually get better and all work out. I have to believe that it won’t let me down like so many other things. Hmfft. Like that's ever helped me before.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Once again, a new chapter. Yay! It might be obvious but Luna's story will be updated every Sunday. Stay tuned! Hope y'all be enjoying it. Sorry for any silly mistakes.

Until next time, over and out! BYES >_<

Comment-Share-Vote-&Whatnot