Life Ruined by Sleep

If you think about it, sleep is just plain weird. It’s like you’re just not there for a while. Even if you dream of the incredible, you’re still not there. Only the mind is there. What does it mean? Well, it means every morning Luna can’t get out of bed because she thinks about the strangeness of sleep for about an hour. Okay I may be over exaggerating. Not an hour but it still wakes me up. And usually I just stay in bed for another fifteen minutes or so.

In the corner of my eye I can see Ryder. I feel bad for him since I have basically taken his ‘bed’, now he just sleeps on the floor. I really want to apologise to him, but I know he will just brush it off and say not to worry. I’m just happy that he is home. It’s weird when one of us are missing, even though I have only been here for about a week, I feel like I have known these people my whole life. Then I remember. Bruno. I haven’t seen him yet, but if Ryder is here, hopefully he is too. I turn back around to Ryder because I feel like he is looking at me and my suspicions are right. His beautiful blue eyes stare into mine and he opens his mouth.

“Good morning sleepy head”

“How dare you call me such names!” I reply. I don’t bother mentioning yesterday. He would probably get angry at me or something.

“You are something special, aren’t you.” I flick my hair. Something about him brings out my sassy side. I laugh and so does he.

“So I’ve been thinking, maybe I should get a job.” I cannot stand relying on everyone else to buy me stuff.

“Well, I’ve been thinking maybe you should think about Bruno. You haven’t seen him in ages.” I look around. Oh my gosh. How could I forget about him? Ryder justs laughs at me while I have a mini panic attack.

“Why are you laughing?”

“It’s just that Carter took him out for a walk”. He laughs more.  

“You boys are seriously evil. How could you take him away from me?!”

“That’s what you signed up for when you agreed to living with us”. Well I know that now.

“A warning could have been nice.”

“It would of but that’s not how we work around here”. I get up and punch him hard in the arm on my way out to the ‘living room’. What do I have to do to get food around here?

“Morning everyone”. Most of them don’t even respond. I can’t blame them, it is kind of early.

A excited ball of fluff jumps onto me. I’m so happy to see Bruno again. After our hug I look around the room for Carter. There he is. I walk towards him frowning.

“Excuse me Carter. Who gave you the right to just take ownership of my dog and leave with him.” All the boys start making weird noises proving that Carter just got shamed.

“Well he needed some exercise and you sure weren’t going to take him”. All the boys made the same noise again. I wasn’t going to let him beat me.

“You need exercise”. And the boys started yet again.

“We’ll see about that and he started to run towards me.” Why does this always happen? I just close my eyes knowing that he is going to pick me up or something. I couldn’t be bothered to run this early. I just stood still and prepared for the worst.

As expected he picks me up, but then he continues to run to my room. Ryder will save me. At least I hope he does. I honestly don’t know what goes through their minds sometimes. I keeps walking until he reaches Ryder’s room. At times like these, I expect Bruno to attack but I’m guessing he now trusts Carter because he took him on a walk and brought him back. Ryder looks at us and just laughs while shaking his head then quickly puts something away. I notice that is is the watch that I was looking at a few nights ago. I still want to ask Ryder about it but I don’t think now is a good time. He goes and sits on the ground with Bruno jumping all over him.

“I guess you have no one to save you then”. Before I could even translate what Carter said, he started running down the street, with me still in his arms.  

It is a bumpy ride to say the least. I’m just glad no one is around because I could only imagine the looks we would get. I see a figure in the distance behind us. Of course Bruno came running after us. For a dog with short legs, he is quite a fast runner. Behind him is Ryder, out of breath and looking like he is about to faint.

“Oh, so now you come to the rescue. Looks like you do have people that care about you Luna”. Carter really aggravates me sometimes.

“Unlike you”. In ‘fights’ I have to have the last say, whether it be sarcastic or not.

“Are you really sure you want to start getting serious with comebacks like that?”. It is funny watching him trying to be smart and superior when really he has no effect on me.

“Positive”. With that I started running back home. Not out of fear but because I don’t think I could deal with being uncomfortable if he picked me up again.

I have been active my whole life and I have had a lot of practice running. I also run a lot with Bruno and I have to keep up with him so I’m pretty fast. I just hope that I’m fast enough so Carter or Ryder can’t catch up. I look behind me for a minute and I’m surprised. They are right behind me, practically. I quickly pick up my speed and get home much before them. I run into Ryders room and shut the door, letting Bruno in first of course. Only a few minutes later, there is lots of bashing on the door but I refuse to open it. I look around the room. Think Luna think.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

So, hey, again. I'm here with a mind blank again, so here's a quote: "Flowers are happy things." -P.G Wodehouse. Yeah... Sorry for any silly mistakes.

Until next time, over and out! BYES >_<

Comment-Share-Vote-& Whatnot