Life Ruined By Rude Acting

"How have you been darling." Susan turns to me. I wear a frown on my face. I have no idea why she would want to see me again. Well actually I do. My guess is it has something to do with Jonathan.

Being back in this house brings back memories. The worse ones outweighing the better. It reminds me that this was my first place. I grew up here and it is where I learned to walk, to talk, to do everything and I had forgotten about it. I still smell Bruno's scent descending the stairs, drifting all throughout the house. I see many unopened letters on the small table, all addressed to me, and unopened. At least she had the courtesy to respect my privacy.

"Cut the act, Susan. Just tell me what you want because I have much better things to do than hang around you." This was a lie of course but she didn't have to know that. I just wanted to get out of there.

"That's no way to speak to your mother." Bryce cuts in. I ignore his comment while waiting on Susan.

"I want you to move back in. I miss you around here and it isn't the same. It feels so lonely and this house is too big for one person. So what do you say?"

"Move out if you can't live alone because there is no way you're getting me to live with you again." Words flow out my mouth before my brain has enough time to process them.

"Come on, Luna. Just think about it. I mean it means a better living situation than you're at now and it will get things back to normal. You with your mother and just the guys back at our place." Bryce informs me. I couldn't believe this was happening.

"Unbelievable." I mutter under my breath. "You are both like each other. Put on a different face and attitude around other people but when it is just me it's like the gates of hell opened and gladly gave you all they had." At this point I was standing up. Who did these people think they were, seriously?

"Luna, honey. Sit down. That is not true at all and you know it. Her brain makes up the silliest little stories." She directs the last comment more towards Bryce.

"Then why are all of a sudden you're this nice person willing to do anything. What happened to the angry Susan who knew I was vegetarian yet put chicken on the table, who didn't let me have a dog, the only thing keeping me sane mind you, the one who locked me up in my room and called my father a pig?" I didn't even realise that tears were starting to fall.

I didn't want to go back to my old depressing ways where I was sad day in and day out. Before I could get any further, I ran out the house, towards my real home, where people actually cared about me. I remember the exact way I went on the night I left. A few turns confused me but I knew the general direction and ran. I don't even realise that my legs are carrying me themselves, pushing through the pain of Bryce's beating. As soon as I could see the guys in the distance, I sprinted towards them.

"Ryder." This is all I managed to get out before I broke apart and tears were falling like a river. I tried to stop myself and for the first time it worked. I wiped my face clean, trying to get rid of the tears like they were poison. I stood up straight and again for the first time prepared to share what happened and not shield myself away. I had learnt this is the right way after living here for a while.

"He took me to Susan's." I breathe. "She wanted me to move back in so I ran. They put on such fake attitudes, disregarding the evil ones granted by the devil himself." Bruno leaps into my arms and I gladly pick him up even though the pain in my arms is excrutiating.

"Are you sure she hasn't just changed her opinion?" Carter speaks up.

"You obviously don't know Susan." I shot back sharply, not meaning to.

"You're right, I don't. Just remember that you will always be safe when you are here." Carter replies, quite out of character but I can tell he is being sincere.

"Yeah, thanks. Uh, I want to try and forget about it all. Can we go somewhere or I don't know, something?" For the first time I would try putting the past behind me. Just use it as a lesson and move on.

"Sure. Let's go to your favourite place." Ryder suggest before he can continue, a new voice joins in.

"THE SALAD PLACE." Jaspar practically uses all the air his lungs can muster. At this everyone laughs and then soon there were six members of the gang and a dog walking down the street.

"Are we actually going to buy anything? I mean it is pretty late and we haven't exactly had dinner yet." Carter asks.

"Well there is a sandwich type place next door to it. We can always check that out." Ryder pipes up. Everyone agrees in some way whether that be grunting or a subtle nod.

"Anyone think to bring money?" I asked not to anyone in particular.

"Have you heard of this guy full of money named Ryder?" Carter replied mocking me.

"Should have known." I say under my breath.

* * *

We get home after dinner, finding it empty. I wonder if Susan had murdered Bryce or if he had too much fear to leave. We all find a spot to sit as a long silence follows.

"Well, I'm going to go to bed and recover and yeah." I break the silence. A round of 'night's' follows and I walk away, Bruno at my feet, like always.

I turn into my room and open the door. As I go to sit on the bed, a loud thud can be heard behind me. Bryce is standing in front of the now closed door. He stays silent with a demonic look in his eyes.

- - - - - - - - -

Really can't be bothered to write additional notes so...

Sorry for any silly mistakes. Until next time, over and out. BYES >_<

Like-Comment-Share&Whatnot