Life Ruined By Secrets

I sit on my bed, looking out the window, thinking about where my life is going. I’m scared that if I start something it will just go wrong like everything else in my life. I hear my mother talking to herself downstairs. Saying something along the lines of good riddance, that bad influence has left. I was still dealing with the fact that I would never be talking to my father ever again. I heard Bruno open the door to the attic. Maybe he will cheer me up. Now looking at him, I saw him look at me with those cute puppy dog eyes. He knows I’m not happy. He runs over to me only to jump all over me and lick my face, but I raise my hand. Immediately he stops in front of me. I’m so lucky to have a pug like Bruno. I kneel in front of him and give him a big hug. His small size makes it difficult to cuddle him, but he is all I have, so I will take the opportunity. Once I release him he still stays in my lap, sharing his warmth and looks straight into my eyes.

“I love you, you know that Bruno.” The words leaving my mouth trigger tears and I return to our hug. He whimpers just a little. “I know Bruno, I will miss him too. But we can get through this together. I promise.” I hug him even tighter. “You are just so precious.” At this comment, a small smile arises and I start to believe I can.

After we share our special moment, I see my door knob start to turn. When it opens, it’s as if time freezes. Susan’s burning eyes dart straight too Bruno. I didn’t even hear her come up the stairs.

“What is that disgusting thing doing here!?” Her voice booms and echos throughout the room.

“It is not a disgusting thing. He is Bruno, my baby and I love him. Don’t you say otherwise!” The words escape my lips without me even realising. I regret it all right away and prepare for the worst.

Her words are stronger than ever, “Either you get it out of MY house this instant or”.

“No, you can’t do that!” I interrupt her. I really have to start thinking about what I’m saying, but it’s difficult when you are so passionate about something.

“You have an hour to pack up your things and clear out of this house. I don’t want one trace of you left behind. You hear me?”. Her voice rises with every word, then she leaves.

I pack my things all while thinking about what to do. In a time like this I would call Jonathan, but now I have no one. I can’t go to a hotel because I’m pretty sure none will take pets. I could always sneak Bruno in, he is small enough... Who am I kidding? Just another thing here to ruin my life.

“AHHH” I scream from everything overwhelming me “I HATE YOU SUSAN, YOU KNOW THAT!!!” I’ve seriously had enough now. “I WISH YOU WOULD DIE ALREADY!”

“GET OUT NOW AND NEVER COME BACK. I WISH I NEVER HAD YOU. I NEVER WANTED TO BE YOUR MOTHER”. The voice of Susan rang up the stairs. I won’t miss that sound. But, surprisingly the words still sparked a massive pain in my heart. I will never let anybody break my heart again! 

“YOU THINK I DIDN’T KNOW THAT!”. Tears were now streaming down my face, uncontrollably “YOU SHOULD HAVE ABANDONED ME, YOU WOULD OF BEEN BETTER OFF”. And with those last words, I decided it was the right time to leave.

I picked up my bags, double checked I didn’t leave anything in my room or the attic, and then put my plan into action. I threw my bags out the window, not caring what smashed. I carefully put Bruno on a tree branch, hoping he kept his balance and didn’t panic. Then I climbed out the window, not really caring if I injured myself, and jumped down the tree, which I had done millions of times before. Bruno jumped down to me and the catch was successful. I took one last look back at the house that held memories which now meant nothing to me. Then I was off not having the slightest idea of where to go. I was just happy to be out of that place. 

This is the start of a new life. One where I will achieve my goals to live the life I have always wanted. One which I am unfamiliar to and is known as ‘a normal life’. I know it is going to take a lot of hard work but I am prepared to face it and I know Bruno will help me through it. I laugh out loud again. I’m officially screwed.

I didn’t realise how popular the streets are at 4 o’clock in the afternoon. I was also surprised at the lack of weird looks I was getting. All my life I had never really been socially accepted. Although, at this time, I didn’t feel like company, so I kept walking up and back down streets I had never even heard of. I did this until I was completely lost and I reached an empty street. This street in particular was filled with a number of abandoned houses. I never though so many houses could be burnt in one go. It was probably burnt by the son of a gun, Su… I shivered at the thought of her. Note to self, never mention HER again, or Jonathan at that. I wander around this place, trying getting used to the environment. I could get used to this.Anyways I have always liked quiet and eerie places. I chuckled to myself. Seriously though, I like to be alone. I feel like this place was especially for me. I could almost hear it calling my name. I knew I could live in this area if no other ideas popped into my head.

“Hey” I jumped at the extremely deep voice behind me. 

- - - - - - - - - -

It's me again! If there's anyone actually reading. So hey. This was a sad chapter, I know. But if you think about it, the whole story has been sad so far, right? This chapter was quite easy to write. Awesome, IKR.  Anyways hope you're enjoying Luna's story. Sorry for any silly mistakes.

Untill next time, over and out! BYES >_<

Comment-Share-Vote-&Whatnot