Life Ruined by Strong Reminders of the Past

I wake up and my surroundings are different. I'm outside the house. I have no idea how I got here, but I just walk back inside. When I walk in I see all the guys laughing. I decide to eavesdrop because they haven't noticed me yet.

"Just tell us the truth. Why did you take forever to get home last night?" Carter pushes.

"Guys, please. We just had to talk about some stuff." I can tell Ryder feels uncomfortable.

"Right, totally" Bryce adds.

"Seriously. Just drop it, please". I knew that if someone said one more thing he would lose it. I decide to step in and save him. It may not be the best choice but you have to  live every moment right?

"So whats up guys?" I walk in casually, "And why was I outside?".

Most of the guys just rub the back of their necks and look down. Ryder looks straight ahead, focused on a spot.

"Well, if you guys are just going to give me the silent treatment, then I guess I will just have to force the truth out of someone". I aim this at Carter because he is the one who mostly annoys me.

I have a skip in my step as I walk towards my room. I have a dog that can do anything I want. It would be sad if I didn't use him for my own good just once.

"Oh Bruno. Come here Bruno!" I yell as loud as I can. Not just to get Bruno's attention, but also to warn the guys.

Once I collect Bruno, I walk back into the main room. The room was empty. At least I scared them. Wait...

Behind me I hear laughter. I turn around.

"ATTACK!" I command Bruno. I taught him this years ago. In case I needed it for a certain person, not mentioning her name.

All the guys run in the opposite direction, away from Bruno. Ryder stays. I guess what he told me last night means that he trusts me more. Either that or he's too embarrassed to move. I will just go with the first option.

"Oh no! Carter get your butt here right now" I demand. I chase towards him. He runs into my room.

"Hahahahaha," I say mockingly, "no where to escape now." Bruno jumps on Carter and attacks him with licks. I join Bruno and jump on Carter.

"Okay, okay. I get the point." He finally tells me.

"Spill the beans." I chuckle.

"About what? There is nothing to 'spill the beans' about." Most of the time I laugh at his sarcasm but not now. I really want to know why I woke up outside, of all places.

"Carter, I swear I will make you regret saying that."

He laughs like it is the funniest joke he has heard all day. "What can Luna do to Carter?"

At this I started punching and kicking and whatever else to hurt him. I usually like to joke and muck around but I can get serious when I have to be.

"That's what Luna can to do Carter." I walk away. At times like these when I am frustrated I always go on walks with Bruno to calm me down and make me forget about certain things. This came in very handy living with the monster.

I hear Ryder calling from behind me but I just ignore him and continue walking with Bruno panting at my side. I don't know where I will go, but I'm not staying here.

* * *

Staring at the sky, I notice the clouds are beautiful. They certainly brighten my mood. I mean at least I am not a depressed mess anymore. I sigh. How did I live like that? My life is so much better now and I have a few people to thank. Damnit, Carter. Regret flows through my blood.

I get up and start to walk back, but am stopped by a large figure. I look up to say sorry, but I'm cut off by fear. Susan?! The look on her face is enough to stop anyone. It is not forgiving or even sympathetic, it is full of anger, like it always was. I look for words, but as expected find none. I start to run, Bruno right on my tail. I don't stop to look back, not even when I am shaking in bed.

The guys all try to find out what is wrong. There is no way I'm telling them. I don't want to bring them into the mess Susan has become and the mess she has caused in my life. If I ever became a serial killer, I wouldn't hesitate to blame her. All those nights full of tears, the abuse, everything. Especially, the panic attacks. I haven't experienced one since I left her, apart from skydiving but that's a different story. I fear now that they will return. She looked worse than ever, or maybe that's just because I haven't seen her in forever.

"Luna. Please tell us what happened. Luna...LUNA!" I snap out of my thoughts focusing on Ryder's voice.

"Sorry. I'm going to bed". I curl up into a ball and can't help but cry. I honestly can't be bothered to care that all the guys are around me. Come to think of it, Carter must be happy I'm in this state after treating him terribly. I totally deserve it. Stupid Luna, STUPID!

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I instantly know it's Carter. I don't know why but I can just sense it. I don't want anyone's sympathy now. I have grown up making myself believe that I am independent and don't need anyone else. This obviously grew and developed by the state Susan treated me in.

"Please, leave me alone." I pronounce in hope that they will leave. I try to make my voice strong but it still shaky when it leaves my mouth. It is as if my words hang in the air. There is silence apart from my occasional sob or sniff.

Slowly, each one of them start to leave.

"I appreciate it."

- - - - - - - - - -

Wassup? Here's the weekly quote; "There is only one real deprivation... and that is not to be able to give one's gifts to those one loves most."- May Sarton. Sorry for any silly mistakes.

Until next time, over and out! BYES >_<

Comment-Share-Vote-& Whatnot