Life Ruined by Avoidance

Bryce stood in front of me.

"Can you explain this motherly figure to me? Do they look familiar?"  I want to say yes, but I can't. All I can think about is the watch. Ryder's watch. It actually makes me angry. Why would he steal the watch?

"Nope" I shake my head. I'm not going to open up to him. He hardly even knows me.

"Luna, there is no need to avoiding your inner emotions. They are a part of you and you need to embrace them. Let them be free." I feel like Bryce is taking on this role way too seriously, but at the same time he actually is considerate.

"I can not confirm that statement". And I will not, not until pigs fly.

"Ahhh, so we are a denier are we?" I giggle, at least he lightened the mood, "Maybe this prop will help clear the fog." He puts the watch in his palm and holds it in front of me. I start to sweat rapidly. I knew it was coming eventually, but now? Really?

"Okay, so we are getting somewhere. Do you have any beans to spill? Any stories to share?" I shake my head again. I've said it before and I will say it again; once I say something, I commit to it.

"That's fine, we can continue." He opens the locket on the watch. Oh God, oh God. I casually look away. Well, I try to make it look casual, but I'm pretty sure I failed, in fact, epically.

He pulls my head back towards him, forcing me to look at the watch. I know exactly what he is doing. He knows that I know exactly what he is doing. Yet, he continues with his acting. I swear, Bryce is one crazy man.

"Tell me, what does this mean to you." I stare at the photo. It's not long before the tears start forming.

"I know nothing, Bryce." I sniff, trying to hold back the tears. He stares into my eyes.

"Then, explain to me, why are you crying?" I didn't even realise I was crying until he mentioned it, "Luna, everything will be okay, I'm here and there is nothing to worry about. Not anymore." I freeze. That's what Ryder said to me. Those exact words. Now, I'm not the brightest star in the sky, but I know, something here is not right. My breathing becomes forced. I'm literally hyperventilating. I'm having a panic attack.

Bryce puts his hand on my shoulder as a reassuring act, but for me it was just making the whole situation worse. How can he not realise, how much harm this is doing to me. I pull away and start running. I have outrunned him before and I can do it again. With Bruno behind me, I go in search of Ryder. Right now, he's the only one who can help me.

* * *

I finally reach the road I last saw him and fall to me knees. I can't breathe. I hear footsteps behind me. Come on Luna, you can do this. I start running again without turning back. I didn't see who it was, but I wasn't taking any chances. I think I'm going blue, from lack of oxygen. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Ryder. Halleluja!

I run towards him, but I fall to my knees once again. Thank god, he sees me, otherwise I would be a goner.  

"I told you get out of here and leave us alone." His voice is stern and his arms are folded.

"Ryder," I gasp for air, "please." His expression changes, luckily he hears the desperation in my voice. Although, I'm pretty sure even a deaf person could. He literally jumps out of his skin and sprints towards me.

"Luna. What's wrong?"

"Bryce"

"Bryce what?" It is obvious to anyone he is angry, but he keeps his voice calm and whispered.

"Can't," My head feels light headed, "Breathe" He pats his body and pulls something out of his pocket. Yes! A puffer. Wait Ryder has Asthma? I don't worry about that question, not now. I have worse things to worry about. I take the puffer and I instantly feel myself calming down. But, I can't bring myself to thank him, so I just look at him and smile.

"Now," he sits next to me on the ground, "what did Bryce do?"

"He has your watch. He is saying exact phrases you have said to me. He is acting weird. He is seriously scaring me, Ryder". It all pours out my mouth and I feel good. "Also, he is chasing me, so we might want to start moving. Unless, you want me to have a panic attack again."

He frowns. "Okay, fine, but I need you to understand that this doesn't mean I have forgiven you." And with that he gives me a piggyback and runs towards the forest.

"I know." I say disappointingly.

After a few minutes, I break the silence, "Where are we going?".

"I have no idea". He stops. "But... I have a plan," He looks around, "If we stop here, I will hide. When Bryce finds you, I will be watching and hear everything he has to say." That's not exactly what I wanted to hear.

"But remember, he just caused me to have a panic attack."

"Don't worry. I will make sure I see everything."

"I'm sorry but, I honestly don't know if I can trust you, at the moment."

"Look at me, Luna. Just because I'm angry at you and haven't forgiven you, doesn't mean I don't care about you. If I didn't care about you. I could have just let you die. Because I swear if it wasn't for me, you would not be here right now. And that's a promise."

His words were like a slap to the face. Harsh, painful, but necessary in order for me to learn.

I guess I have no choice, but to trust him then.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hello again. Let's just get right to the quote; "Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws."- Barbara Kingsolver. On that note, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Sorry for any silly mistakes.

Until next time, over and out. BYES >_<

Like-comment-share&whatnot