Life Ruined By My Gullible and Emotional Self

I run to the mattress and shove my face into it. I scream. Why do I always mess everything up?!

I hear a few footsteps growing louder. I need to remind myself that there are 6 other people living here and they can hear everything. I would have no doubt that my scream was louder than I expected. You know what, I don't even care anymore. I stand up pick up the nearest object and throw it at the window. It falls into a million pieces. Once again, there goes Luna, messing up everything that was ever good in her life. I jump through the window, not caring if any pieces of glass remain. I could get cut for all I care. When I start making a run for it, someone blocks my path and knocks me over. Jumping on top of me, they passionately kiss me. My eyes bulge out of me head and I pull away.

"CARTER! What are you doing!" I yell and immediately he covers my mouth with his hand.

"Shhhhh. It's meant to be." He whispers into my ear.

"You're absolutely insane! Look I'm seriously not in the mood." He starts to laugh. "What!? What's so funny!?"

"You're so gullible, Luna."

"Now what was the point of that!?"

"I'd thought I'd give you a try before you wandered off, now I know I can cross you off my list." I stare at him and roll my eyes.

"Well, thanks." I roll them again.

"Naw, but in all seriousness that was the only way to stop you"

"Ever thought of simply talking to me and or just picking me up and taking me back. Apparently, that's all people do around here, pick me up."

"Now that you mention it, I probably could have succeeded by doing that."

"What do you want anyways, can't you see that nobody wants me here?"

"You forgot Bruno, silly!"

"Wow, I can't believe you just said that. Just when you think people find you to possibly say goodbye. But thanks, didn't think to bring him with you?" I start to walk off again. "You know what, you can keep him, he probably doesn't want me like everyone else anyways." I feel myself sinking back into the depressant mood I called my life while living with Susan. This time though, I don't stop myself. It comes back all too quickly and I really don't care.

"Luna! Stop! Ryder needs you, just go give him kiss, it will prove my point."

"And if he rejects and flat out hates me?"

"Then you have me to date." Classic Carter.

"Well, I thought you crossed me off your list."

"Eh, you weren't too bad. I'd date ya!"

"Well that's reassuring and a little creepy."

"Shut up and just come back." He pulls me in for a side hug and wraps his arm around me as we walk back.

As we approach, I see the guys all in a circle. Ryder was facing us and I could see a glassy cover over his eyes. Was he crying? That can't be right. If I caused this, I will be so angry at myself for hurting him yet again. Carter rubs my back as we get closer and the guys look up. All except Ryder.

"He'll be fine, I promise Luna. He might just be a tincy bit embarrassed, I swear he's one tough dude, I reckon this is the first time he has ever cried. In front of me anyways." I smile, I've seen him cry once before, felt so bad for him. I just wanted to give him the most affection in the world. I frown, how did our connection drop so rapidly. Even though, it didn't seem like much to everyone else, it meant all the world to Ryder and I. We only needed the slightest amount of affection between us, that was all we needed given that our previous lives had the absence of love and compassion. We just somehow clicked.