Life Ruined By Salad

Ryder's POV (oooh what a change)

I wake up to the sound of sweet, yet annoying birds, and a Bruno snoring. I look beside me. Luna has taken my bed, but thats okay, she looks beautiful sleeping there. Something about her makes me tingle. I mean she has had such an impact on my life; good and bad. She has made me see more things that I wouldn't usually notice on my own. Carter even realised my change in personality. He said I was so romantic and that he was jealous. I don't know what he means. Like seriously Luna and I have only kissed once. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. However, right now, that's all I feel like doing.

I see Luna's eye flutter open and she begins to stir.

"Morning, Luna." She groans. It's funny watching her in the morning. She is anything but a morning person.

"Why are you always up so early?"

"Why are you always up so late?" I reply. She rubs her eyes.

"Touche" Then she rolls over and snores. I laugh.

"Luna?"

"What do you want?" She moans.

"Wake up."

"Or else?" I jump on her and start tickling her. I have found this to be the most effective way of getting what I want.

"Fine, fine." She moans again. She rolls back over to face me. Her beautiful green eyes shine in the darkness. "Do you want to scare the guys?" At least, I know she's wide awake now.

"Isn't it the obvious thing to do." I respond.

"But we need a strategy. How can we scare them in the most effective way?" She takes small tasks so seriously. I like that about her. It's sweet, and it also means if I ever needed to murder someone, she'd be my trustworthy pal. I frown at myself. I should not be thinking so horrific.

"Alright then. You plan every detail, while I go get us breakfast."

"Yeah right. You'll ruin the plan."

"Oh yeah, true." I look towards the corner of the room.

"But seriously Ryder, how can we scare them?" I jump. I tend to drift off when I have duties.

"Don't ask me. You're the one with the big ideas." I protest. I think it will be better to let her take care of it all.

"Okay, so I think it will be best if we catch them off guard and make them jump and scream. Give them a chance to release their inner 5 year old girl." Dream big, Luna

"No offensive, but that idea sucks." She gives me a dirty look, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

"That's what I thought, dear Ryder."

"That is no way to address me! Call me..." I think for a minute, "master."

"In your dreams, mate." She replies, blantly. I shrug at her then run into the living room pouncing on Carter. Carter screams.

Completely unfazed by Carter's screaming, Luna whines, "Are you serious Ryder. What happened to planning?".

"You were taking too long" I whine back and laugh.

"It takes time if you want a good plan." She retorts.

"Well, obviously I don't have patience."

"You don't say." She replies with a sarcastic tone in her voice.

"Don't you just love sarcasm?" I comment.

"Sounds like you do too, buddy." We both erupt into laughter. Sarcasm does that sort of thing to people.

* * *

I sneak up behind Luna and give her a big hug.

"Are you trying to kill me?" She blurted.

"Maybe" I admit. She gasps.

"Well, that's rude. Don't ya think?"

"Naw." She punches me in the arm. Considering how small she is, it was pretty pointless, humiliating infact.

"So whatcha doing?" I continue. She stares at me.

"Wasting time. Obviously." I laugh.

"Do you want any lunch? a burger? Sausage roll? Pie?" I tease. This earns me a hard punch to my right arm. I don't want to admit it but it kinda hurt.

"I think a salad will do the trick, thanks."

"No Chicken? I thought that was your favourite thing on the menu." Bryce calls. He looks directly at Luna.

Luna slaps him in the face. "And I thought your favourite thing was a slap in the face. You really have to stop asking for it so often." He scowls at Luna then walks away.

Moments like these I wish I could do something to help Luna. But I think it is better for everyone when she is left on her own. I mean to tell you the truth, Luna can be quite fierce and I think Bryce knows. In my opinion he is extremely stupid for annoying her all the time. She has been through a lot and Bryce, well he hasn't. He has always had a great life, compared to the rest of us.

"Anyway, back to lunch. Can I get it?" She says looking up at me, completely forgetting the fact that she just hit Bryce.

"Anything you want" I say. She jumps and gives me a hug.

"Question," she mumbles into my shoulder, "how do you pay for everything?" I hesitate.

"That's for me to know and maybe you to find out." I whisper back. Good thinking, Ryder. I have never been good at thinking quickly.

"Can't wait." She replies unphased. I roll my eyes.

"Let's go for a walk." I suggest.

"Kay, you need the exercise anyway."

"Excuse me. Did you just say that?"

She pauses for a moment. "I think this isn't going to be a walk anymore." And with that she runs off through the front door. Classic Luna, getting herself in to trouble and then literally running away from her problems. I laugh. She's one special gal.

I run after her, but I have a plan.

* * *

Whenever I come to the salad store, I immediately think of Luna. I mean that's practically all she eats. I pull out my dad's credit card. For all the things he did to me, it's worth stealing his money. I see Luna look over to me and the credit card, but she holds back the questions I see rolling around in the back of her mind. This is not the time to explain to her why I have a credit card.

"One salad please." I tell the cashier. By now all the staff know who I am. They must think I'm mental for ordering the same thing everyday.

"Do you want an extra lettuce leaf?" The cashier says to another staff worker as they high five. I really wonder how they think that is smart.

"Actually, yes please. That is a great idea. I might have to order that every time." Luna jumps in, sarcastically obviously. I just step back and laugh.

"Can I have my credit card back too thanks. Kind of need it." The cashier retorts before practically throwing it back at me. He then hands Luna her salad. She carefully examines it.

"Did you add the extra lettuce leaf?" She finally blurts out. Typical.

"No actually. Let me fix that." He leans over and spits in the salad. At this, Luna purposely drops it.

"Look what you did. Now I need to wait on another one." Being sarcastic again. We stay there making jokes for a while. Something about strangers attitudes are amusing. We finally leave for home.

- - - - - - - - -

Really can't be bothered to write additional notes so...

Sorry for any silly mistakes. Until next time, over and out. BYES >_<

Like-Comment-Share&Whatnot