Life Ruined by Ignorance

I couldn't get to sleep at all that night. The image of the painting was all I could focus on. Why wouldn't Bryce just tell me? Oh, that's right, it's Bryce we are talking about and that is how he rolls. I also have another puzzling question rolling around in my mind. How did Ryder find out about that artwork and know exactly where it was and who it was by? I feel like as each day passes, some mysteries get solved but then just as quick new ones arise. Why is fate so harsh?

"Morning. Sleep well?" Ryder sticks his head in the door.

"Not really, but I will live." This earns me a slight chuckle.

"Sorry if I was the reason you didn't sleep." He comes up to me and hugs me.

"No, it's fine. Just I want to talk about it with you later." 

"No problem." I get up and we walk to the living area.

I hear everyone already immersed in their own conversations. As soon as we walk in the room, everyone goes silent, so much that you can hear a pin drop. I hate how they treat me now.

"I know guys, I look stunning, but please don't stop and stare at me." They all change their directions to look at the ground, but the noise stays the same. I can't take it anymore. I just want to sit outside for just a minute. Before I leave, the silence is broken from a knock at the door. 

"Anyone getting that?" I say. Everyone stays still, "My God you guys are lazy!" 

"Who could it be? The only visitor we have had ever is you." Ryder says to me. I make my way over to the door.

"Wait." Ryder stops me. "Let me get it. I mean this is my place and who knows who it could be." I move out the way and gesture him towards the door.

He opens it slightly. "Hello. Can I help you?"

"Ah yes," The voice pauses. I can't identify who it is. "Do you know this person?" I'm guessing they pulled out a photo or something.

"I might know them. Why are you asking?" Ryder. Always protective.

"She was reported as a missing person a while ago." Wait 'she', I hope they aren't talking about me, but I don't think Susan would have reported me as missing. 

"And do you know her in some way at all ma'am?" Ryder. Always polite.

"Yes. If she is in there, could you please ask her to come out?"

"Uh, sure." I have no idea who this person is, but I guess I'm going to see them now. "Luna, you're wanted."

"On my way." I call back. 

"What's up?" I ask when I get there. I don't look up yet. I only know few people. Most of which live in this house.

"This woman says she knows you and that you were reported missing." Now I look up. My jaw drops and I hide behind Ryder.

"Please, Ryder, close the door now." He doesn't listen. He's too nice to do that. 

"Sorry, but can I ask how you know Luna?" Why won't he just close the door.

"I'm her school teacher." Classic Susan. Still hasn't changed her ways.

"I thought you didn't go to school." He turns around and asks me. He has to bend down though because I'm already in a ball of tears on the floor.

"She's." I sniff. "Lying."

"Sorry. Luna is a bit...uh...unstable now. I think it would be better if you came back later." 

"Okay. I'm awfully sorry for interrupting. I will make sure to be back." Before she leaves she gives me a glare that I didn't miss. Ryder closes the door, but I remain the same.

"Who was that, Luna?" Ryder bends down to me.

"Susan." At this word I see his brain tick over and him making sense of everything.

"Are you sure? She seems a lot nicer that you described."

"I think I know the monster that I was forced to live and suffer with for years, Ryder." 

"I know. I'm so sorry." He hugs me tighter.

"Why didn't you listen to me and shut the door?" 

"You know it's just in my nature to be nice, Luna. I'm sorry, I should have trusted you."

"You don't say."

"At least you haven't lost the sarcastic side of your personality".

"I never do."

I look over and see Bryce with his head in his hands. I guess what Ryder said about him is true. At the same time he looks over at me. Immediately his expression changes back to the angry looks he has been giving me all week. I return it with a look of sympathy. It's kinda like he's two faced.

"Let's go. Are you okay to get up?" I nod and we walk back to the living area. I go and sit in the corner, trying to make myself smaller, so I can deal with my problems myself. Ryder understands and sits where he was sitting before.

"I guess you were faced with the same problem that made you isolated before. Remember how many problems that caused, Luna? You don't want to do that again now, do you?" I completely ignore Bryce's comments. I know what he is going through now, after what Ryder told me. I'm sure when Ryder finally tells him his story, Bryce will be sympathetic and kind once again, even though I don't really him for who he really is. That is, assuming he isn't actually like this.

Evan approaches me. "May I sit?"

"Yeah, sure." I try to smile at him. 

"So I know, sympathy isn't your thing." He freezes at the realisation of his words, "About that, maybe I should just go back over there." His voice is shakey and he starts to stand up. I giggle.

"No, Evan it's truly fine." His eyes widen.

"Are you sure?" I laugh again. I don't know why I find his shyness so funny.

"Come here." I pull him in for a hug. I can tell he feels uncomfortable, so I kiss him on his forehead and laugh.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead, but I don't know how much of a help I will be."

"I want to know how you deal with pain so well. I mean you dealt with Susan, but you got through it so well. I just think that when you face complications in your life, you knock them down like they are nothing." I was surprised at this comment. I guess he doesn't see any of the 'behind the scenes' stuff.

"I swear, that's the most I've ever heard you talk." He blushes, "But what you said is far from true. I'm horrible with sorting out my problems. You just don't know this cuz I hide and isolate myself from everything because I don't want to bring other people into my world and make them deal with my problems. They are mine so therefore, I must be independent and figure them out with no other help."

"Surprisingly, that actually helps. Thanks."

"Well, I try." Yep, that's it. I just try.

- - - - - - - - - -

Really can't be bothered to write additional notes so...

Sorry for any silly mistakes. Until next time, over and out. BYES >_<

Like-Comment-Share&Whatnot