Chapter 2: A Gospel Truth II

AN: I love this story so much! (I just realized with Lex as hades and hades is Zeus's brother (alura's) and Zeus's son is Hercules (aka Kara)  and Lena is playing meg and Lena and lex are related it makes it weird. Aka what I am saying LENA AND LEX ARE NOT SIBLINGS IN THIS STORY

3RD Person POV

"How sentimental," Lex says as he walks out of his hiding spot in the shadows. All the god's heads spin to face the god who had shadows swirling at his feet.  "I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat! Huh?" He says trying to get a laugh. 

He doesn't.

Lex's hair is a deep blue as it moves while he moves forward. "So is this an audience or a mosaic?" He comments on the colorful gods currently glaring at him. 

Lex squeezes a short god's cheeks and says "Hey how you doin'?" before turning to Nia (Aphrodite I forgot to say who she was) and saying "Lookin' good. Nice dress." as he walks through the crowd.

Alura takes him by the arm dragging him away from the biggest part of the crowd as she says "So Lex, you finally made it. How are things in the underworld?"

Lex looks incredibly uncomfortable and annoyed as he says "Well, they're just fine. You know, a little dark, a little gloomy. And, as always, hey, full of dead people" with a sarcastic drawl. He moves Alura's arm from around his shoulder to by her side. "What are you gonna do?"

Something catches Lex's eye and he pushes past Alura. He sees Kara in her crib where Eliza had set her down as he says "There's the little sunspot. Little snootchie." He waves his hand producing a rattle before saying "And here is a sucker for the little sucker, eh?" 

He lifts Kara's nose trying to put the sucker that had spikes in them as he says "Here you go. Ya just..." but Kara grabs his finger title squeezing as tight as her little baby hands could. 

Lex's eyes widen and spends several seconds trying to get his finger away. 

He finally does and says "Sheesh" while Pegasus laughs at Lex. He glowers at his broken finger "Uh, powerful little tyke." 

"Come on Lex. Don't be such a stiff. Join the celebration!" Eliza says. 

Lex smiles fakely as he says "Hey. Love to, babe, but unlike you gods lounging about up here, I regrettably have a full-time gig that you, by the way so charitably bestowed on me, Astra" The queen of gods doesn't notice smiling happily. "So can't. Love to, but can't."

Eliza moves next to his daughter as she says "You ought to slow down. You'll work yourself to death. Hah! Work yourself to death!" the whole crowd of gods starts dying laughing. 

Lex glares at the ground once again as he turns and walks away from the party. 

------------

The 5 muses start moving from their frozen place on the vase that was in the pile of gifts for Kara. 

None of the gods can hear or notice them as they speak. Just continue going about their business as Calliope speaks "If there's one god you don't want to get steamed up, it's Lex" 

They freeze once again but appear in a boat behind Lex as he is propelled down the river Styx. 

"'Cause he had an evil plan." 

"He ran the underworld but thought the dead were dull and uncouth. He was as mean as he was ruthless. And that's the Gospel truth." The ladies start as they watch Lex hits a soul back into the river of dead souls with a ball of fire. 

"He had a plan to shake things up."

They finally reach the gates made of bones that open up revealing the large guardian Cerberus growling and barking.