Chapter 5: Go the Distance pt 2

AN: Name that musical "Mama Mia, here we go again! (starting off easy) 

Sorry I didn't have a chance to update more today. I was stuck at a school sporting event all day and I got fucking stepped on by a tall dude, slipped (I pulled a charlie brown), and almost got trucked. 

3rd person POV

"I am on my way. I can go the distance" Kara sings as she begins the long journey to the temple of the gods. "I don't care how far, somehow, I'll be strong" Knocking over a large tree to cross a gorge "I know every mile will be worth my while" Kara pulls her cloak over her head as the rain comes down harder on her head but she sees a stone carving saying the temple of Alura is close. "I would go most anywhere to find where I belong" Kara finishes as she enters the extremely large temple made for the goddess of lightning. 

Kara slings her shoulder bag higher on her shoulder as she walks further into the temple. 

The floor was a beautiful mosaic depicting the fall of the titans. 

Kara pulls out the medal from around her neck looking at the symbol on it before looking up at the 70 foot tall stone statue of a seated Alura. 

Holding up the goddesses toga was a pin with the exact symbol on it. 

Kara takes off her shoulder bag and kneels down in place bringing her hands together and closing her eyes as she says "Oh, mighty Alura, please hear me and answer my prayer. I need to know. Who am I?" She pauses looking up at the state waiting for some sort of sign before continuing "Where do I belong?"

Nothing happens for a long minute but Kara shivers when she feels the wind pick up before diving to the ground when lightning strikes above her head. 

It doesn't hit her though. It hits the statue but instead of destroying it, the statue comes to life much to Kara's terror and shock. 

Fire comes to life in every touch bringing light to the previously dark temple. 

Kara looks up to find the statue's eyes opening and a warm smile coming onto the stone face as the statue says "My girl. My little Kara."

"AHHHHHHHH" Kara yells as she runs away from the statues was now reaching for her. 

She runs into a column (luckily nothing is destroyed this time) 

"Hey, hey, hey. Hold on, kiddo!" Alura says as she gets a hand on Kara but Kara is freaking out cause a statue of a goddess is talking to her at the moment. She jumps out of Alura's hands but Alura continues to keep her in her hands as she says 'What's your hurry? After all these years, is this the kind of hello you give your mother?"

Kara finally stops trying to run away as what the goddess hits her

"Mo-Mother?"

Alura lifts up the blonde in her palm so they are almost facing to face as she says "Didn't know you had a famous father, did you?" Alura looks at Kara with love evident in her eyes as she says "Look how you've grown. Why you've got your mother's beautiful eyes and my strong chin. Hah!" 

Kara is still trying to take everything in as she says "I don't understand. If you're my mother that would make me a..."

"A god," Alura says sadly. 

"A god," Kara says freaking out a bit as she flops backward taking a seat in her mother's palm. She was flabbergasted, to say the least, but it makes sense. Her strength, how her parent's found her, just everything about her life. 

"Hey you wanted answers," Alura says with a shrug "and by thunder, you're old enough now to know the truth."

Something hits Kara and she stands once again and says "But why did you leave me on Earth? Didn't you want me?" in a sad tone.

"Of course we did," Alura says in a sad tone. "Your mother and I loved you with all our hearts. But someone stole you from us and turned you mortal, and only gods can live on Mount Olympus." 

"And you can't do a thing?"

"I can't, Kara, but you can," Alura says while lightly tapping a large finger into Kara's chest. 

"Really? What? I'll do anything." Kara says with conviction. 

Alura smiles proudly as she says "Kara, if you can prove yourself a true hero on Earth, your godhood will be restored!"

Kara smiles widely as she says "A true hero. Great!" but it falls as she realizes she has zero idea how to do this "Exactly how do you become a true hero?" 

"First you must seek out Alexandra, the trainer of heroes."

"Seek out Alexandra. Right, I'll..." Kara walks off her mom's hand and starts falling "Whoa!" 

Alura grabs Kara saving her from the high fall "Whoa! Hold your horses! Which reminds me....." Alura sets Kara on the ground before using two fingers to whistle loudly. 

Kara looks to the skylight where she sees what looks to be a shooting star heading in their direction. 

The star turns into a strong tall horse with large wings attached to his back "You probably don't remember Pegasus, but you two go way back, Kara" the horse does a couple of barrel rolls and tricks before landing neck to Kara. 

Pegasus sniffs Kara for a second before sitting on his hind legs and butt and grabbing Kara's head between her front hooves and giving her a friendly head butt. 

It dazes Kara for a second but get's a wet lick all along her face. 

Recognition dawns and Kara and she laughs happily and says "Oh, Pegasus!" while bringing the horse into a hug. 

"He's a magnificent horse with the brain of a bird." 

Kara hops onto his back as she grins at her mom and says "I'll find Alexandra and become a true hero." as Pegasus takes off into the air and flies next to Alura before landing on her outstretched finger as she says "That's the spirit!"

"I won't let you down, mother!" 

Pegasus takes off and Alura lets out a large breath as Kara yells "Yee-haw!" 

"Good luck, Kara," Alura says even though Kara couldn't hear her before she returns to her original position and turns back to stone with another strike of lightning. 

Kara is flying away from her mom's temple as she sings "I will beat the odds I can go the distance." They fly through a cloud so they can cruise above the clouds. "I will face the world. Fearless, proud, and strong. I will please the gods. I can go the distance. Till I find my hero's welcome right where I belong" As they fly off towards the sunrise.